• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Green, Gold, and White: They all look good - Go Bulls romp Cincy!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,457
  • Days Won:  0

The news indicated that USF was not ranked in the top ten.  Then in the next segment the news indicated that USF was 10th in the BCS.  I took issue with this while watching; alarmed.  Then, I was quite pleased when the news said they were ranked, doing very well, and proud.  Nice recovery.

Bottom line:  The Bulls are still here - no need for a "comeback."  The Bulls - especially Matt Grothe - resemble a really focused (but pissed) bull contemplating what he wants to do while in the pasture.  All bulls are He's (sorry ladies) - you're adopted though.

USF gets it done, and all the way, this Saturday on ABC.

Peace - Party

Bulls Fan

"ranked" almost always means in the "poll of record" (Associated Press), although it could be the coaches poll.

The BCS is not a "ranking."  The BCS only exists to put the #1 and #2 teams into a national championship... USF can't claim to be "ranked" because of the BCS.

USF, right now, is not "ranked" in the Top 10.

However, you are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT about this:

Bottom line:  The Bulls are still here - no need for a "comeback."  The Bulls - especially Matt Grothe - resemble a really focused (but pissed) bull contemplating what he wants to do while in the pasture.  All bulls are He's (sorry ladies) - you're adopted though.

• Content Count:  2,461

Eh, right or wrong, a lot of people refer to the BCS Poll as being a "ranking." So, I'll go ahead and and say we're ranked #10... Or ranked #10 in the BCS... Or ranked #10 in the BCS Poll... Heck, I could say we're ranked #10 on the super-secret-colored-underpants poll that I just created myself in my head (although, on that scale, #10 is the highest ranking). Either way we're number ten.  ;D

I like how CJL calls being ranked "the situation." None of this matters... We just need to go out and win against the doggies!

• Content Count:  16,195
  • Days Won:  42

I agree in that I loved it when Leavitt called USF being ranked #2, "the situation". That had to be one of the funniest things that I have heard during that game against Rutgers. Well now, "the situation" is now USF must beat UCONN!!! GO BULLS!!! FINISH STRONG!!!!!!!

We're playing UConn, not Cincy...

Yes I know - I was speaking to home coming on 11/3.

• Content Count:  76

"ranked" almost always means in the "poll of record" (Associated Press), although it could be the coaches poll.

The BCS is not a "ranking."  The BCS only exists to put the #1 and #2 teams into a national championship... USF can't claim to be "ranked" because of the BCS.

I noticed that ESPN they show USF as #10.  If the most official ranking is based on the polls I wonder why they would list it by the BCS ranking. Is it just to hype the game? They also show UConn as #23.

• Content Count:  3,403

ESPN uses the BCS to report where teams are ranked.  It's the one that matters more.  The AP only mattered until then BCS comes out because ESPN used it.

ESPN uses the BCS to report where teams are ranked.  It's the one that matters more.  The AP only mattered until then BCS comes out because ESPN used it.

For the record, tho, the BCS are called "STANDINGS" not "RANKINGS"...

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/poll?poll=BCS

For the record, tho, the BCS are called "STANDINGS" not "RANKINGS"...

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/poll?poll=BCS

Tomato Tomato, Potato Potato!! 

Archived