• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OFFICIAL WATCH PARTY THREAD

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Days Won:  0

Lemme tell ya, a handfull of us started going to Capogna's and watching the games about four years ago...  The entire place holds just shy of 300 (sitting) and now if you don't get there early, you'll be standing.  I really gotta thank our regulars who show up every game, and all of the people who help out to make it happen.  This Saturday, We'll be celebrating my baby's 1st birthday, so come and get some cake. (It goes good with beer).  It's a Helluva party and it's growing all the time, so be sure to be there!!!

P.S.  Favorite quote from Yogi Barra,   " No one goes there anymore,    It's too crowded."

Congrats! Mutt!!  :clap :cheers :thumbsup :gobulls

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BEAR IN MIND:

Florida - Georgia is on AT THE SAME TIME.

If you're not at an official location, you may have to listen to the Gators and watch a small TV.

Went to Champps at Int'l Mall last week for the RU game SRO and $6 beers. Ended up going across the street to LRS and had a great time, except for the "L" of course. Saw a lot of people leaving Champps due to no seating and parking was a bear. So if it's anything like that again for this U-Conn game, my advice would be get there a couple of hours b/4 if you wish to sit and take a bank roll $$$ with you.

Also, service at LRS was 100% better.

Pluses for Champps = t.v.'s 10x better than LRS and the babes were 10x better also. >:D

FYI, since Champps is not an official watch party location, they may put the Gators game on this week.  FWIW.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,738
  • Days Won:  3

...If you're not at an official location, you may have to listen to the Gators and watch a small TV

That's a good point, Jim. USF partners with the 'official' sites to ensure that the USF game is the premier event

for that viewing period. While there may be other watering holes available, your best bet is always an official

locale - and it doesn't hurt to throw these establishments some coin as well.

• Content Count:  1,238

Went to Champps at Int'l Mall last week for the RU game SRO and $6 beers. Ended up going across the street to LRS and had a great time, except for the "L" of course. Saw a lot of people leaving Champps due to no seating and parking was a bear. So if it's anything like that again for this U-Conn game, my advice would be get there a couple of hours b/4 if you wish to sit and take a bank roll $$$ with you.

Also, service at LRS was 100% better.

Pluses for Champps = t.v.'s 10x better than LRS and the babes were 10x better also. >:D

FYI, since Champps is not an official watch party location, they may put the Gators game on this week.  FWIW.

Thanks for the up and up Jim.  :thumbsup  Didn't take that into concideration this weekend. LRS in Tampa or Capogna's in CLW it is then.

Anyone know what it's like at the Clubhouse on Fowler?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,738
  • Days Won:  3

Capogna's ;D ;D ;D

The 'in' place to be for the discerning USF watch party aficionado.

• Content Count:  1,142

Thanks for the up and up Jim.  :thumbsup  Didn't take that into concideration this weekend. LRS in Tampa or Capogna's in CLW it is then.

Anyone know what it's like at the Clubhouse on Fowler?

Don't forget there will be CAKE @ Capogna's!!!  I ordered a FULL sheet cake, which I know won't be nearly enough, but it will have a picture of Emma with Coach Leavitt on it!!! ;D

Oh and we got there @ 5:45 last week to set up and Wooly and Bullheaded were already there with their peeps, so GET THERE EARLY!!!  Also, I believe the WVU vs. Rutgers game is on @ 12pm!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Miami/Fort Lauderdale:

The Original Steakhouse at 10199 Cleary Blvd., Plantation, FL 33324. Lots of huge plasmas, each table has its own loudspeaker you tune to the game of your choice, and there will be a lot of USF alums in attendance since we are combining the Miami-Dade and Broward watch parties. Please send your RSVP to usfbrowardalumni@hotmail.com so they have an idea of the number to expect.

- Faza

• Content Count:  5,241

Question:

Florida-Georgia game: Its an SEC game so won't it be on CBS???

Thus, not interrupting my ABC coverage???

If not, Ill see you at Beef's on fowler or clubhouse

Archived