• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Don't be surprised at all at the end of the year

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,370
  • Days Won:  13

CJL's name is going to be passed around for a lot on jobs but he will never leave unless it’s to the NFL. Now for McCarney I never thought of him as a long time fix here at USF the only reason he is here is because ASU is still paying him (we could not pay him what he is worth) and because of his relationship with CJL. Remember most people in college football think he got screwed at ASU

???

Why is ASU paying him?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  849
  • Days Won:  0

CJL's name is going to be passed around for a lot on jobs but he will never leave unless it’s to the NFL. Now for McCarney I never thought of him as a long time fix here at USF the only reason he is here is because ASU is still paying him (we could not pay him what he is worth) and because of his relationship with CJL. Remember most people in college football think he got screwed at ASU

???

Why is ASU paying him?

Its ISU not ASU, I don't know the pay situation. Do you have the link for that?

• Content Count:  7,890

sorry I ment ISU

Pollard will honor McCarney's contract, which states that he will receive $225,000 a year -- the amount equal to his base salary -- until its completion on June 30, 2010.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2654565

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Texas A&M is an almost impossible job. They're one of those schools that thinks they should be a national title contender, even though they haven't actually won one since 1939 and haven't really been in the running for one very often. Plus they have no speed at all. Any good team they play will pound them.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,549
  • Days Won:  29

... Give him and Wally some bonus $$$

Just remember fan's donations will enable USF to do this.

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

sounds like a lot of useless speculation

• Content Count:  1,370

I agree Mike...McCarney will be a hot commodity. I wouldn't be surpised if Carl Franks gets a head coaching job somewhere next year as well.

• Content Count:  19

I agree Mike...McCarney will be a hot commodity. I wouldn't be surpised if Carl Franks gets a head coaching job somewhere next year as well.

Carl Franks is awesome!!  he coached some good running backs at UF including Fred Taylor.  Also was the recruiting coordinator for a lot of players that won the 96 NC. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,736
  • Days Won:  120

just keep this in mind after the season is over and we lose a coach here and there to other opportunities

it has happened before and people screamed bloody murder about us not paying our assistants enough. We are getting close to the normal range for a BCS coaching staff-- but it takes time. And losing  coch to another place is a sign of growth, not rats jumping ship

I think McCarney is a great resource (Carl Franks is as well of course). If he gets a solid new offer -- I have nothing but thanks for his efforts and wish him well.

I have much less concern over CJL leaving-- though he will most likely see another raise/contract soon imo. He deserves it and this is not as much a defensive move as it is reward for continually raising thebar of this program every year.

• Content Count:  4,501

If it is only about money we may very well lose some coaches including McCarney but the one thing that USF has is the possibility to play a BCS bowl game and maybe even sooner then many ever dreamed of to play for a NC.  That is powerfull stuff if you are a coach and to be part of that can make people stay.  I know i would not chase the dollar for a short period of time and move my familey. 

Archived