• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BCS Standings - - Week 9 (Oct. 28)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I understand the fact that you're shooting for best scenario in BCS standings, but Big East wise, wouldn't we want WVU to win over Rutgers so that they would have 2 conference losses and theoretically knock them out of the conference championship hunt?  Thats at least the way I see it.  If there are some 1-loss teams (USF, WVU, potentially UConn this week  ;D) we would have the tiebreaker advantage over those two, correct?

I think we should be rooting for WVU under either scenario.  I think if we and WVU both win out the voters would have enough sense to jump us over them at some point.  The computers will undoubtedly have us above them so all we need is a close vote to jump.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

Agree with them all except:  That I'm pulling for WV.  Rutgers can win other games--I don't care, i'm still bitter about that loss.  If we win out and WV does too, then the BE will have 2 BCS bowls.  Besides, I think we'd jump a WV team on the BCS.

• Content Count:  143

I understand the fact that you're shooting for best scenario in BCS standings, but Big East wise, wouldn't we want WVU to win over Rutgers so that they would have 2 conference losses and theoretically knock them out of the conference championship hunt?  Thats at least the way I see it.  If there are some 1-loss teams (USF, WVU, potentially UConn this week  ;D) we would have the tiebreaker advantage over those two, correct?

I think we should be rooting for WVU under either scenario.  I think if we and WVU both win out the voters would have enough sense to jump us over them at some point.  The computers will undoubtedly have us above them so all we need is a close vote to jump.

Remember a few years back Oklahoma did not win the Big 12 and they got to play in the National Championship Game (not very well).  So there is precedence.  We could win the Big East and West Virginia could be ranked higher than us in the final BCS standings and potentially play in the National Championship Game.

• Content Count:  993

i think the best thing for us is for WVU to win out.  the only situation where WVU winning hurts us is if we are Co Champs and they finish #2.  but if that happens we are probably finishing #3 and those things would hopefully sort themselves out, with some favorable votes in the final poll and the computer numbers pushing us up as well.

• Content Count:  1,261

no way

where's oklahoma? we will be right at #6 and that's if EVERYTHING goes our way. It is certainly not likely BC or OSU fall behind us even with losses either.

how do we jump WV? ???

And I'll just say it right now. If we want to have any legitimate hope for a National Championship, we will need WVU to lose eventually (after this week: Louisville, @ Cincy, Uconn, Pitt)

Get the hell out of our way queers (but beat slutgers this week) ;D

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Remember a few years back Oklahoma did not win the Big 12 and they got to play in the National Championship Game (not very well).  So there is precedence.  We could win the Big East and West Virginia could be ranked higher than us in the final BCS standings and potentially play in the National Championship Game.

While I don't disagree that it is theoretically possible, we have a win against WVU which should help us with the human voters if we are neck and neck, and a stronger computer ranking which if all other things are even will put us ahead of WVU. 

One thing is for sure we have to win for any of this to be relevant.

• Content Count:  143

Congrats to the great state of West Virginia they are already number one in something.  >:D >:D

http://www.ajc.com/health/content/shared-gen/ap/Health_Medical/Smoking_Mothers.html

"CHARLESTON, W.Va.  More than a fourth of pregnant women in West Virginia smoked last year, putting themselves and their babies at risk.

The state's 27.3 percent maternal smoking rate was the highest rate in the country and nearly triple the national average, according to a recent report from the state Department of Health and Human Resource's Health Statistics Center. The state's rate was up slightly over the previous year and has hovered around 25 percent the past 10 years."

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Congrats to the great state of West Virginia they are already number one in something.   >:D >:D

http://www.ajc.com/health/content/shared-gen/ap/Health_Medical/Smoking_Mothers.html

"CHARLESTON, W.Va.  More than a fourth of pregnant women in West Virginia smoked last year, putting themselves and their babies at risk.

The state's 27.3 percent maternal smoking rate was the highest rate in the country and nearly triple the national average, according to a recent report from the state Department of Health and Human Resource's Health Statistics Center. The state's rate was up slightly over the previous year and has hovered around 25 percent the past 10 years."

:ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO

• Content Count:  444

no way

where's oklahoma? we will be right at #6 and that's if EVERYTHING goes our way. It is certainly not likely BC or OSU fall behind us even with losses either.

how do we jump WV? ???

And I'll just say it right now. If we want to have any legitimate hope for a National Championship, we will need WVU to lose eventually (after this week: Louisville, @ Cincy, Uconn, Pitt)

Oklahoma is idle so they'll stay at #4 in both human polls and move up to #11 in the computers.  Overall, they'll be #6 in the BCS standings.

BC will end up one spot ahead of us in the human polls and Ohio St will fall to one spot behind us.  When you factor in the computers, they'll both be between #7-#10 in the BCS standings.

We jump WV because of our computer ranking.  We have a stronger schedule so a 1 loss WV team will never be ranked higher than a 1 loss USF team in the computers this season.

• Content Count:  1,261

no way

how do we jump WV? ???

Oklahoma is idle so they'll stay at #4 in both human polls and move up to #11 in the computers.  Overall, they'll be #6 in the BCS standings.

BC will end up one spot ahead of us in the human polls and Ohio St will fall to one spot behind us.  When you factor in the computers, they'll both be between #7-#10 in the BCS standings.

We jump WV because of our computer ranking.  We have a stronger schedule so a 1 loss WV team will never be ranked higher than a 1 loss USF team in the computers this season.

I assume you're picking BC to lose to VaTech (which would NOT be good for us in the long-run, look at the schedules)

what's your top 5?

Archived