• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

THE reason we need to go as USF!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,471
  • Days Won:  0

Click on the article "Hope may be the only thing S. Florida fans will buy". It's 4 links down in the Bulls Football News section of our SI.com page (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/teams/sofla/)

It has nothing to do with USF! Whoever at SI.com decided to put that link up there, didn't even read it and just saw S. Florida in the title. The entire article is about Miami sports in general, not USF.

I think USF Athletics needs to force the media to start referring to us as USF once and for all.

Here is a direct link to the article (not our SI.com page):

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/college/hurricanes/sfl-flspmikec22nboct22,0,2560946.column?track=rss

And they have our BCS ranking wrong. I guess we're still the team nobody pays attention to.

• Content Count:  1,911

So USF needs should petition the media to use USF once and for all, so that you don't inadvertantly read an article that isnt about USF?

I bet you'd be outraged if you clicked on a USF story and came up with something about san francisco.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i want it to be USF.

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Click on the article "Hope may be the only thing S. Florida fans will buy". It's 4 links down in the Bulls Football News section of our SI.com page (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/teams/sofla/)

It has nothing to do with USF! Whoever at SI.com decided to put that link up there, didn't even read it and just saw S. Florida in the title. The entire article is about Miami sports in general, not USF.

I think USF Athletics needs to force the media to start referring to us as USF once and for all.

Here is a direct link to the article (not our SI.com page):

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/college/hurricanes/sfl-flspmikec22nboct22,0,2560946.column?track=rss

Did you read the article?  From it:

Go down the list of big games this long weekend and the biggest already has played out. On Thursday no less. With a South Florida team that isn't in South Florida getting upset by a New Jersey team known better as Soprano U.?

This isn't about South Florida or Rutgers. New kids on the block are fun. They're fresh air. But if the block is full of new kids, what's to recognize?

Instead of deciding who is the best team in the country, this game might go a long ways to determining who has the worst season in the state.

It can't be South Florida, even if the Bulls are bruised goods now. It won't be Florida, considering the Gators have had some good wins. It shouldn't be Central Florida, considering the step toward prime time it has taken. Florida Atlantic has found a headline. Florida International started with nothing.

It may not have been exclusively about us but we were prominently featured.  That is why that story is linked from there.

So USF needs should petition the media to use USF once and for all, so that you don't inadvertantly read an article that isnt about USF?

I bet you'd be outraged if you clicked on a USF story and came up with something about san francisco.

No, we need to go by USF because we aren't in South Florida and I'm tired of explaining to people everytime they refer to us as South Florida why we aren't in actually in South Florida. Even the SI people don't know.

• Content Count:  695

Even Stuart Scott doesn't know he thinks we play in Miami.

• Content Count:  4,451

No, we need to go by USF because we aren't in South Florida and I'm tired of explaining to people everytime they refer to us as South Florida why we aren't in actually in South Florida. Even the SI people don't know.

While USF isn't in the media favorite "South FL", it is south of the geographic and populous centers of FL which makes it technically worthy of its name.  If our Bulls win a BCS game, the media will be forced to figure it out.

• Content Count:  377

"Right now, among South Florida's major sports teams (not forgetting you, Florida Atlantic), the returns on investments are small. The Dolphins are winless and the Hurricanes rebuilding. The Marlins are dysfunctional and the Heat looks old and injured again. The Panthers are increasingly irrelevant."

Does this writer know we're not in the Southern part of Florida?!?!?

Archived