• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We may not see much of Jerome Murphy for the rest of the season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

He missed classes before the FAU game and has not gotten to many carries since so if you add fumbles and missing classes you get into CJL's DH

No offense but some should get their facts straight before leveling accusations about doghouses and people some know nothing about.  Ford had 6 carries against UNC, 5 against WVU, was held out of FAU for a missed class, then came back to have his 2nd biggest output of the season against UCF with 8 carries (would have had more had he not fumbled earlier), and followed it up with 5 carries against RU.   He had 21 carries against Auburn but has had some playbook setbacks, and conditioning issues.  Ford is not in the doghouse but rather needs to become more efficient and effective with more aspects of the offense or else we'll only be able to use him on running plays.  We can't keep in Ford and try to pass the ball, sorry but for now that's the truth.  If fans want to put him in their doghouse then so be it, but he's a true freshman in a pass orientated offense that centers around a dynamic QB.  He will be a fine player but sounds to me more like some people expected Adrian Peterson and are now trying to reason away their expectations.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,879

S. B. - I agree 100% with your analysis.  Ford will be a far greater asset next season.  This spring he'll realize that talent alone isn't enough in top 25 D-1 football.

• Content Count:  3,403

He missed classes before the FAU game and has not gotten to many carries since so if you add fumbles and missing classes you get into CJL's DH

No offense but some should get their facts straight before leveling accusations about doghouses and people some know nothing about.  Ford had 6 carries against UNC, 5 against WVU, was held out of FAU for a missed class, then came back to have his 2nd biggest output of the season against UCF with 8 carries (would have had more had he not fumbled earlier), and followed it up with 5 carries against RU.  He had 21 carries against Auburn but has had some playbook setbacks, and conditioning issues.  Ford is not in the doghouse but rather needs to become more efficient and effective with more aspects of the offense or else we'll only be able to use him on running plays.  We can't keep in Ford and try to pass the ball, sorry but for now that's the truth.  If fans want to put him in their doghouse then so be it, but he's a true freshman in a pass orientated offense that centers around a dynamic QB.  He will be a fine player but sounds to me more like some people expected Adrian Peterson and are now trying to reason away their expectations.

Oh come on.  The guy gets his most carries in the 2nd game of the season, why?  Did he show that he sucked that game?  If he doesn't know the playbook now he didn't know it then, and yet he was clearly our best RB.  He has shown ability that no other RB on our team has and constantly gets only a few carries a game.  Unless the guy is a complete idiot he can be told which direction to run and where to get the handoff.  He seems to have great instincts when he actually does have the ball.

I know he has fumbled but so has everyone else, including Ben Williams, who btw starts every game.

As for not showing our tendencies...wow...every time we do a wishbone we give him the ball, and it works every single time.  Amazing. Once we threw to Taylor and once Cedric Hill I believe, but every other time in short yardage Ford gets the ball.  I wonder why that is?  Oh yeah, because he clearly is the best RB.  Also, the other 2 might be better at blocking.

Just give Ford the ball more.

• Content Count:  1,777

I am rather concerned with what's going on with J. Murphy. I agree with Leavitt being stickler for school and team rules.  Since I was at the game in person I did not hear that J. Murphy was suspended for the first half until I watched the replay.  He was missed on the 3rd and long situations because he does a better job in pass coverage then C. Williams. I hope this is not a situation where he is planning to leave the team.  He is certainly a talented player and will be needed next year with T. Williams, M. Jenkins and R. Gilliam graduating from the secondary.

• Content Count:  1,777

No offense but some should get their facts straight before leveling accusations about doghouses and people some know nothing about.  Ford had 6 carries against UNC, 5 against WVU, was held out of FAU for a missed class, then came back to have his 2nd biggest output of the season against UCF with 8 carries (would have had more had he not fumbled earlier), and followed it up with 5 carries against RU.   He had 21 carries against Auburn but has had some playbook setbacks, and conditioning issues.  Ford is not in the doghouse but rather needs to become more efficient and effective with more aspects of the offense or else we'll only be able to use him on running plays.  We can't keep in Ford and try to pass the ball, sorry but for now that's the truth.  If fans want to put him in their doghouse then so be it, but he's a true freshman in a pass orientated offense that centers around a dynamic QB.  He will be a fine player but sounds to me more like some people expected Adrian Peterson and are now trying to reason away their expectations.

Oh come on.  The guy gets his most carries in the 2nd game of the season, why?  Did he show that he sucked that game?  If he doesn't know the playbook now he didn't know it then, and yet he was clearly our best RB.  He has shown ability that no other RB on our team has and constantly gets only a few carries a game.  Unless the guy is a complete idiot he can be told which direction to run and where to get the handoff.  He seems to have great instincts when he actually does have the ball.

I know he has fumbled but so has everyone else, including Ben Williams, who btw starts every game.

As for not showing our tendencies...wow...every time we do a wishbone we give him the ball, and it works every single time.  Amazing. Once we threw to Taylor and once Cedric Hill I believe, but every other time in short yardage Ford gets the ball.  I wonder why that is?  Oh yeah, because he clearly is the best RB.  Also, the other 2 might be better at blocking.

Just give Ford the ball more.

Ford holds the ball like a loaf of bread, away from his body and down by his waist.  Not good when everyone is trained to strip the ball.  I am sure he will improve on this.  Until then it is just a flaw to his game. He will get better.  :) 

• Content Count:  1,480

How is Ford in the doghouse?  He isn't in the doghouse, he's just a freshman that doesn't know the entire playbook, and has fumbled a couple of times.  Trust me if he's in the doghouse the staff would have never given him the TD run against RU.

Don't miss take Ford's diminishing role as a sign of trouble.  The fact is he's still limited in his knowledge of the playbook and effectively implementing it.  It's no good if he's out on plays where he runs the wrong way, misses a block, or forgets a route.  Also, you can't send him out exclusively for only they plays he's mastered because then we'll signal to the opposition our tendencies.

If anyone watched Leavitt's tv show saturday this is almost verbatum what he said about Ford. I think he lead into it something like....Ford will be a great player for us but sometimes people don't understand he is just a freshman is still learning to.....

The comment certainly had a different tone to it than when he comments about those in his doghouse, he actually sounded incredibly excited about his potential.

• Content Count:  959

Obviuosly behind the scenes Ford is not doing what he needs to do. The only reason I can see he is not on the field more. Learn to block, catch, and not carry the ball like a loaf of bread. He sure is fun to watch run though.

We need Murphy out there as well

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

on ford: talked to carl franks on monday and he said that people are forgetting ford and jamar taylor are freshmen, so there's a lot to learn and pick up, so there's more to it than just running for yards. if usf had one primary back instead of three, there would be less talk about the running game; they like running by committee right now and going with the hot hand.

Archived