What's New
  • USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

Running Game????

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

So let me ask you guys, when are you expecting the running backs to break it open (and who) ???  That was all good and well what Ben Williams did at FAU, but how about some running games in conference games??

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  36,880
  • Days Won:  28

I am disappointed in our running game ... I am not surprised by Grothe's numbers, but expected him to be 3rd.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Does anybody know whats going on with Ford?? And not, "freshmen/1st year, winded, fumbles, **** list...". We have all heard that but come on, I mean he looks like a gosh darn beast out there.

• Content Count:  937
  • Days Won:  0

I think everyone wants Ford to be the guy, but really he is putting it on the ground it seems like every fifth carry.  you can't defend that.  every lost fumble is at least a  free forty yards of offense for the other team.

• Content Count:  20,555
  • Days Won:  10

How is Grothe making it running and our backs are not?  Delay, surprise, well then when the blitz is coming drop a screen pass to the back and see how many yards we gain.

• Content Count:  509

I think everyone wants Ford to be the guy, but really he is putting it on the ground it seems like every fifth carry.  you can't defend that.  every lost fumble is at least a  free forty yards of offense for the other team.

1 fumble every 17 touches to be exact.  3 fumbles/52 touches.  two fumbles in the WVU game, 1 in the UCF game.  In his best two games, Elon and AU, he didn't fumble the ball.  He pretty much disappears for two games (three weeks), he comes back in for WVU, maybe he's rusty, he coughs it up twice.

Give him 20 carries a game, if he fumbles, that's why we have a great defense.  He's the best RB on the team, give him the ball.

• Content Count:  1,633

The lack of a running game might have something to do with that whole having to shuffle the o-line every game because someone else is getting hurt...

Guest JulmisteForPrez

1 fumble every 17 touches to be exact.  3 fumbles/52 touches.  two fumbles in the WVU game, 1 in the UCF game.  In his best two games, Elon and AU, he didn't fumble the ball.  He pretty much disappears for two games (three weeks), he comes back in for WVU, maybe he's rusty, he coughs it up twice.

Give him 20 carries a game, if he fumbles, that's why we have a great defense.  He's the best RB on the team, give him the ball.

Excellent points.

And I would be willing to go out on a limb and say if he were the recipient of more carries, he'd be more adept at hanging on to that ball.

Nothing like learning in the heat of battle.

Give the guy a chance.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  The way Ford runs reminds me a LOT of Adrian Peterson.  From the time I first saw his videos from Sarasota High School and Fork Union Academy, Peterson was the first thought that popped into my head.  He's got that VICIOUS running style where you can tell he had plans of getting into the endzone every time he touches the ball. 

You cannot coach that kind of TENACITY.  Very rare to find that midset.

Ford is a not as speedy but bigger and just as strong version of Adrian Peterson.

Why didn't Bob Stoops limit Peterson's carries when he was a freshman?

• Content Count:  2,726

Excellent points.

And I would be willing to go out on a limb and say if he were the recipient of more carries, he'd be more adept at hanging on to that ball.

Nothing like learning in the heat of battle.

Give the guy a chance.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  The way Ford runs reminds me a LOT of Adrian Peterson.  From the time I first saw his videos from Sarasota High School and Fork Union Academy, Peterson was the first thought that popped into my head.  He's got that VICIOUS running style where you can tell he had plans of getting into the endzone every time he touches the ball. 

You cannot coach that kind of TENACITY.  Very rare to find that midset.

Ford is a not as speedy but bigger and just as strong version of Adrian Peterson.

Why didn't Bob Stoops limit Peterson's carries when he was a freshman?

Might be just as speedy...when he gets in space hes got some wheels.

• Content Count:  12,291

we dont run block.  get over it.

we have good running backs but its not our game.

our game is 4 or 5 wides and grothe making plays.

Archived