• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can anyone give us a breakdown of USF vs UConn

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Looking for how our DLine, OLine, ST, QB, Running/Passing, kicking, etc stacks up against their equivalent positions.

I haven't seen any detailed posts on this yet.  I admit, outside of last week have not seen them on TV yet. They look like a pretty good team, and we will be on the road.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

It appears from what I saw last week that:

QB - a big improvement from last year.  Lorenzen seems athletic enough to run and able to hit open receivers.  Do not think he has played a defense as good as ours.

RB- they play 3 of them including Donald Brown who I believe was a freshman all-american last year.  Brown does not start, another kid (he has dreads, the name escapes me) starts and he has pretty good vision and a decent burst.  The other RB is Lou Allen who toasted us a couple years ago.

WR- Last year's QB, Hernandez, is a WR now and a decent one.  All WRs seem decent, they seem to catch the ball but do not seem to be overly fast.

OL- They are smaller than the Rutgers line, but seem to be gelling with one another.

DL- Remind me a bit of Cincinnati as they are small and tough.  I do not expect them to back down or give up.

LB- Start a Senior and 2 freshmen.  One of the freshmen is pretty highly regarded.  However, like all freshmen they can find themselves out of position with play action or misdirection.

DB- Do not know too much about this grioup.  They held UL WRs to a pedestrian day.  Admittedly, the weather was bad and I do not think Urrutia and Harry Douglas played.  I consider that a wash, as none of our starters have been as good consistently as Urrutia or Douglas.

Special Teams- We know about the fake fair catch.  They are well coached, will stay in their lanes and make tackles.

Overall- we are more athletic than they are.  However, I expect UConn to attack with a steady dose of the run-game and opportunistic passing, especially in the middle with TEs and backs out of the backfield.  Defensively they will make tackles and will try and stuff the run forcing the pass.  If UConn wins it will be a low-scoring affair with their D whipping our offense and their offense stringing together first downs but not being able to consistently score TDs.

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

They are very physical and fly to the ball on defense. If Grothe telegraphs his passes in the flats or linebacker areas he will get picked off, the linebackers are very fast. Watching the receiver to this area, then pump faking, and then catching him along the sideline will give big plays all day/night along with well disguised play action passes.  They completely follow the QBs eyes and bite immediately on the throwing movement.

The offense has a very good quaterback who will run when given the chance and is an accurate passer. Their offensive line is undersized but very affective. It will be a tough game and one that I hope we come into with a major chip on our shoulder.  I would love to see us win by at least three scores and leave UConn angry enough to break it off in Rutgers a$$ when they visit.  I'll be in Las Vegas watching the game at ESPN Sports Zone at NY NY and will put much dineros on the Bulls to cover.  Made the same bet last year against Cuse along with Rutgers over Louisville and made my trip costs on both.

GO BULLS!!

FINSH STRONG!!

• Content Count:  76
  • Days Won:  0

I think if they can protect grothe they can win.  Obviously they are going to look at what Rutgers did to sack grothe 7 times and with quick linebackers I don't expect Grothe to be able to run laterally like as easily. I hope they don't but think that they can corral Grothe and force him to use his arm from the pocket.  ZI think we can and will win though. Our defense is still playing great and will be too much for UCONN.  Let's hope the special teams unit is aware and up to speed.

• Content Count:  1,238
  • Days Won:  0

It's good to see folks/fans talking about the next game for change. I wish there were more posts/threads up about our up coming game.

:gobulls

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

Brown does not start, another kid (he has dreads, the name escapes me) starts and he has pretty good vision and a decent burst. 

Dixon?

Archived