• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TV Contracts

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Per Bret's blog, USF vs Rutgers set another record for viewers even with ALCS Game 6 the same night.  It seems that the Big East has had incredible ratings this year and last, when do TV contracts get negotiated again?  I think it is time to get paid!

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

"In the local markets, Tampa was more interested in the Bulls (16.36 rating) than baseball (7.53)"

Blew up MLB.

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Per Bret's blog, USF vs Rutgers set another record for viewers even with ALCS Game 6 the same night.  It seems that the Big East has had incredible ratings this year and last, when do TV contracts get negotiated again?  I think it is time to get paid!

The deal the Big East signed with ESPN was record setting in terms of $$$.

• Content Count:  16,327
  • Days Won:  43

I cant wait until the new bowl contracts come up again. We will more than likely see Tropicana Field get a bowl game for the BIG EAST. Trade that one with the Birmingham Bowl would be ideal.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I cant wait until the new bowl contracts come up again. We will more than likely see Tropicana Field get a bowl game for the BIG EAST. Trade that one with the Birmingham Bowl would be ideal.

I would rather trade it for the international bowl.  I love Toronto, been there twice for conferences but it would take a lot to get me there in the dead of winter.

• Content Count:  16,327
  • Days Won:  43

We should trade the Toronto bowl for the Liberty Bowl if we can.

• Content Count:  3,095
  • Days Won:  1

The Champs Sports Bowl in Orlando is another one I wouldn't mind seeing.

• Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

The Champs Sports Bowl in Orlando is another one I wouldn't mind seeing.

Thats one we should look into locking...

Whats the deal with Bowls anyway...can they change their alliances?  Can the Outback or Champs Sports  bowl change their leagues to the Big East?

THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!!

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  4,738

The deal the Big East signed with ESPN was record setting in terms of $$$.

That must be the explanation for getting f-ed into playing on Thursday night.

• Content Count:  1,204

Bowls can change their alliances when contracts are up.  The Outback can switch if they'd like.  I want to say that their deal with the SEC and Big Ten runs through the 2009 bowl game, so two more to go.  I believe some of the people involved with the Outback Bowl are also on the Board of Trustees for USF.  It may be possible for Genshaft to try to push them towards replacing one of those conferences with the Big East. 

If Notre Dame continues their slide it may be possible to try to get the Big East a guaranteed bid to the Gator Bowl.

The Champs Sports Bowl is another possibility, especially with the ACC's slide downwards.  The Big East could make a compelling argument for a berth there as well.  I'm not sure if a future invite of UCF into the Big East would help get a bid in Orlando.

The Tropicana Bowl would be a nice addition to the slate, especially if we can upgrade our other bowls.

Archived