• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bandwagoners piss me off

USF Colby

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

Priority points dictate who gets to buy tickets when and how many.  Most points are calculated by donation levels over the years and season tickets. 

How would this work for me? I'm only 18, i've been to a lot of games with my grandma from 98-01 and went to a bunch of games with friends or my dad from 02 until this year but none of the ticket purchases have been under my name, season tickets were under my grandmas name but that was only 4 seasons so I guess basically my only hope is ticketmaster or stubhub?

You get no points from grandma

Unfortunately no points from Grandma. 

Sorry man, but I can't stop laughing.

Seriously though,  students probably have a better chance than some of us.  Me for instance.  I graduated in 2005 and spent the last two season getting friends to buy me companion tickets.  I broke down and bought season tickets this year because I finally came to the point I didn't really know any students any more.  So 1st year season ticket holders are a dime a dozen, whereas students that can actually afford a long trip are probably a smaller group.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Regarding the bandwagon, some Jackass from UCF said "did you get the tags off yet" to me on the way out.  I didn't get what he meant so I said excuse me.  He repeated "did you get the tags off your shirt" and motioned to the back of his tee shirt and acted like he was cutting. It wasn't until I walked away that I realized he thought I was a "bandwagoner".

I have had season tix since the first season, and actually have 8 now.  I'm a lifetime Alumni Assn member, and a two time degree holder (both under and graduate).   So I thought about fighting the crowd to go back and tell him off.  

If I hear it again from another UCF'er, my response is simply "I'll cut the tag off of my newst bull shirt which says USF vs UCF,  3 - 0 and 64 - 12, so shut the he!! up."

Pissed me off royaly.  I bet this guy doesn't even have UCF season tix...   I am glad we end this senseless series after next year with those morons.  

• Content Count:  695

I'll just hope I can get a decent price on ticketmaster, i'm willing to spend up to 350 for title game, 200 for BCS bowl, and like 100 for any other bowl. I do intend to attend whichever bowl we make with only the International Bowl being an exception. I have some family and friends in Canada so i'd have a place to stay but that would be a pricy flight.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

It sounds to me like this girl (is she hot by the way?) has her priorities right. You were sitting in class when you could have been getting tickets?

I would dump class in a heartbeat to get Bulls tickets if they were as hot of a commodity when I was in school.

Face it, there are very few people out there that actually know about football. I work with a group of 15 or so football fans, but really, only about 4 of us have any understanding of the rules. She is a student right? So it is likely that she hasn't been following the team until she arrived on campus?

No offense colby, but we all know you were (are?) a gator fan. You mentioned sticking with this team through the down years? Have you ever had this conversation?

Them: "Who is your favorite football team?"

Me: "USF"

Them: "Who?"

Me: "The University of South Florida, it's in Tampa, (1997-1999) I will be going there in a couple of years...(1999-2003) that is where I go to school...(2003-2005) I graduated from there in 2003."

Them: "Do you follow any real/big time programs"

Me: (rolling my eyes) "Well, I like seeing the gators lose, so I guess I do follow them. Other than that, no"

I love the conversations now, they are more like I am a puppy that did a new trick and deserve a pat on the head, but at least people know who we are.

Try explaining things to people who you don't feel worthy of being a fan of "your" team if it bugs you so much. I am probably the most annoying fan ever. I am trying to convert even the most loyal UF, UCF, LSU fans that I run across. At the game on Saturday, I had a friend from FSU there. I gave him the whole back story on Mike Ford and Jamar Taylor.

Made sure that he knew when we were on our 5th string RB. Told him that Gregory's dad is the OC. Got a little pumped when Severino came in. On his first pass I was like, "well, at least he has a passing stat now". Second one I said "hmm, 1-for-2 with a TD isn't too bad".

When people are talking about it, show them your passion, give them little details that they may not otherwise know. You might find out that they retain them, and eventually start passing them along to other "bandwagoners"

• Content Count:  341

This is the way it was last year:

How will seating by determined?

Seat locations will be assigned based on the following priority system:  (1) Bulls Club donors, according to donor level and priority points; (2) Season Ticket Holders; (3) USF Students; (4) USF Faculty and Staff; (5) all others.

btw, here's the faq webpage from last years bowl game: http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?KEY=PBNXRAFEVDRFZGK.20071015183105&DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=701593

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

This is the way it was last year:

How will seating by determined?

Seat locations will be assigned based on the following priority system:  (1) Bulls Club donors, according to donor level and priority points; (2) Season Ticket Holders; (3) USF Students; (4) USF Faculty and Staff; (5) all others.

Thanks.  Hey mods can someone stick this uptop under a Bowl Game FAQs?  This question will be asked a million times if we keep winning.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Priority points dictate who gets to buy tickets when and how many.  Most points are calculated by donation levels over the years and season tickets. 

How would this work for me? I'm only 18, i've been to a lot of games with my grandma from 98-01 and went to a bunch of games with friends or my dad from 02 until this year but none of the ticket purchases have been under my name, season tickets were under my grandmas name but that was only 4 seasons so I guess basically my only hope is ticketmaster or stubhub?

You get no points from grandma

Unfortunately no points from Grandma. 

Sorry man, but I can't stop laughing.

Seriously though,  students probably have a better chance than some of us.  Me for instance.  I graduated in 2005 and spent the last two season getting friends to buy me companion tickets.  I broke down and bought season tickets this year because I finally came to the point I didn't really know any students any more.  So 1st year season ticket holders are a dime a dozen, whereas students that can actually afford a long trip are probably a smaller group.

Mike you should be able to get tickets.

• Content Count:  2,307

Colby,

I honestly don't think you should be worried about it.  But if you are...

You should join SBC(awesome organization that I was part of for 4 yrs), I know they've made trips the past two seasons to the bowl games, super cheap too...If you're one of the first ones to sign up for their trip then you'll be set.

A few SBC'ers post on here...so you'll def. be in good company too since you clearly hate bandwagon fans...SBC is mostly hardcore fans.

• Content Count:  58

Any idea how many students will be able to purchase? My dad and his freind want to fly down to what ever bowl game we make to see it with me...

• Content Count:  4,738

That would be great.

Who else's pick would go NCG #1, Orange Bowl #2?  I don;t want to go to New Orleans unless absolutely necessary.

Archived