• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Town Hall Meeting "Student Ticket Issues"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I really appreciate the summary!

Are there any notions towards increasing the student section in the lower bowl, since thats where everyone wants to sit? Or maybe just increasing the student section in general?

Incresing the student section was mentioned, but I think it came off more as a this year thing. The response to expanding it was that we still have to make a profit to keep things running (citing USF having the lowest budget of all BCS schools), so it would hurt us more to expand, but it's not completely ruled out. I don't think moving the student section (north and south endzones) was ever mentioned. It was one of my topic on my long list, but we just ran out of time. I'll probably shoot an email over there with that question, along with any others that you guys bring up here.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  32
  • Days Won:  0

I attended as well... one good idea brought up by Kelly B [sBC represent!] was that those students wishing to bring companions receive upper bowl seats so that all lower bowl is students only.

Overall, the meeting was successful and from what I can tell of the draft that idea is fabulous and should work very well. I was very glad to attend and hear the view points of everyone as well as athletics/SG's side of it.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Also forgot to mention, the local ABC, CBS, and NBC were all there with camera crews. So check the local news tonight/tomorrow morning for anything.

• Content Count:  12,293

I attended as well... one good idea brought up by Kelly B [sBC represent!] was that those students wishing to bring companions receive upper bowl seats so that all lower bowl is students only.

they do this for basketball games.

i think it would make more sense for football games.  there are times when i go to basketball games in the past and brought a companion and the lower section is only half full but i still cant go down there because i have a companion with me.

didnt make much sense in those situations, but since the demand is lot bigger for football i can see this being an option.

• Content Count:  2,661

I'm just thrilled to death that so many students WANT Bulls football tickets that these kinds of discussions are necessary.

• Content Count:  771

One of the large $$$$ issues with expansion of seating to both endzones is that you then displace season ticket holders on the south side. I am not sure of costs for those seats, but I can only imagine what the amount would be if student got into those seats.

The increase of seats in the stadium is now to the point where students receive 18% of the seats. There is also a larger cost of seating in the third tier as more security needs to be provided as well as cleaning crews. Goods and bads.

I am looking into a few other types of seating policies across the nation to see how tickets are handled in issues like this.

All in all, it was a good process that was needed.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I honestly think a points system should be put in place. If you are attending USF soccer game or softball games, you should be put to the front of the line for football/basketball tickets.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I honestly think a points system should be put in place. If you are attending USF soccer game or softball games, you should be put to the front of the line for football/basketball tickets.

Thats one way to look at it, another would say one sport shouldn't affect the other. 

Was there any discussion about Seniors versus Juniors versus Sophomores and Incoming Freshman?  I would think this is one way to determine priority.  I think every major school does this.  Seniors get better seats than Juniors and so on.  Sucks for underclassmen, but it makes those things valuable once you're a Senior. 

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

Thats one way to look at it, another would say one sport shouldn't affect the other. 

Was there any discussion about Seniors versus Juniors versus Sophomores and Incoming Freshman?  I would think this is one way to determine priority.  I think every major school does this.  Seniors get better seats than Juniors and so on.  Sucks for underclassmen, but it makes those things valuable once you're a Senior. 

what about graduate students?

;D

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  140

the only issue with that might be students showing up just to swipe the card but not actually "attending" the game itself. Sounds silly-- but I want those diehards to be there cheering on our teams if the point is to increase participation at all sports.

Archived