• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Worried about our matchup with Rutgers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Ford has 6 TD's in VERY limited touches.  Incredible talent.

He also has put the ball on the ground 4 or 5 times... gotta fix that to get more than limited touches.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

Ford has 6 TD's in VERY limited touches.  Incredible talent.

He also has put the ball on the ground 4 or 5 times... gotta fix that to get more than limited touches.

He seems like the one that is most likely to get us the most gains.  Of course, the turnover factor is an issue.  I just wanted to see him more in the UCF game since we were destroying them anyway.  Now you have that question mark going into Rutgers and I don't want Grothe to be the whole running game.

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

If we keep our gaps like we have during WVU and UCF, we will have the chance to slow down ANY big time rusher like Rice.

Then we can leave it up to our secondary to get the ball back.  This will be a HUGE test for our offense also.

• Content Count:  4,642

Hopefully Ford can pull a Tiki Barber and change his carrying skills and not turn it over as much.  If so, he will be an AMAZING back.

• Content Count:  563

RU is nowhere near the team they were last year.They took some hits on D and RR has been held under 100 yards in 3 out of 6 games.The only reason he has good stats are because of some monster games against weak Comp.

We are better than last year.Even though our RB are not lighting it up there are giving teams something else to think about other than Grothe.It seems as though the Offense is coming around at the right time.

27-10

• Content Count:  500

There is really only one game left that worries me -- Cinci.  I know we can lose any game left, but I don't think we will.  I am not worried about Rutgers.

Of course it wouldn't hurt if someone told Leavitt that Rice insulted one of our player's mothers. ;D

LOL, you aren't worried about Louisville?  That game is not a gimmie, even if their defense is bad they can score on anyone in the country in bunches.  We have never held them under 20 points, we will need to score at least 24 - 31 points to be them I think.

Your are wrong and obviously dont remember our first victory over a top 10 program. How bout you go look up the score to that game.

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Last year we had the lead at halftime and then Schiano made a great adjustment and blitzed the entire 2nd half.  Our offense didn't do anything until the very last drive of the game when Rutgers was playing prevent defense.

We need to be ready to counter all the blitzing because Rutgers is going to bring the house again to try and force Grothe into some bad decisions.  Gregory seems to like the middle screen passes to Williams so hopefully we have a good game plan. 

I placed last years Rutgers loss on Rod Smith’s shoulders because he had no answer for the Rutgers blitzing in the second half.

• Content Count:  4,738

I'm not as worried about this game as I used to be.  We have a great coaching staff and focused players.  They will remember last year.  We are better than our team last year.  Rutger is not. 

I look for our offense to come out on all cylinders.  And the defense has played lights out against great runningbacks this year. 

38-17

• Content Count:  1,254

There is really only one game left that worries me -- Cinci.  I know we can lose any game left, but I don't think we will.  I am not worried about Rutgers.

Of course it wouldn't hurt if someone told Leavitt that Rice insulted one of our player's mothers. ;D

LOL, you aren't worried about Louisville?  That game is not a gimmie, even if their defense is bad they can score on anyone in the country in bunches.  We have never held them under 20 points, we will need to score at least 24 - 31 points to be them I think.

Your are wrong and obviously dont remember our first victory over a top 10 program. How bout you go look up the score to that game.

Exactly. Does 45-14 ring a bell? But I do agree with you, Louisville is the game I'm most worried about. Everyone is writing them off, but that offense will be the toughest we face all year.

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Ford's fumbling problems have been blown out of proportion.  All of our ball carriers have put it on the ground this season... Grothe, Taylor, Williams and Ford.  Ford is by far the most explosive back and is a threat to take it all the way every time he touches the ball.  I am more than happy with the way the coaching staff is running things, using Williams in possession situations and mixing in Ford for explosiveness and a little bit of Taylor to change it up.

Archived