• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bowl Analysis -- Detailed by Conference -- Week 8

What makes you so sure the Fiesta Bowl wouldn't take a top ten USF -- or West Virginia, for that matter -- over Hawaii? The Fiesta picks next-to-last in the regular rotation and might just leave Hawaii to the Sugar Bowl, which picks last.

Assuming Hawaii even goes unbeaten. Did anyway watch them play San Jose State? Barf.

The Fiesta tends to like to take western teams... that's all.  I didn't do a deep, thorough analysis here... just a gut feeling-best guess pick.

If the Fietsa loses their "host team" (Oklahoma) to the NCG, then I think they pick Cal as the replacement... the Orange Bowl picks first in the rotation, and USF could easily go there... but they might like a VT-WVU matchup...  then I think the Fiesta looks at Hawaii as a possible "Boise State" ... and takes them.  Also, the Sugar Bowl might work out a deal to get a Florida-USF matchup. ("Rivalry" games can make for good TV.)

Still, I know what you mean about Hawaii... I saw the SJS game and I can tell you that Fresno State and Boise State are gonna give Hawaii fits.  If Hawaii does lose, then I'm not sure who the last at-large team will be... the Big Ten, Big 12, and ACC "second" teams are gonna be rough (and no conference can send three teams)...  hard to tell this far out.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Thanks for the analysis Jim... just the icons alone must have taken forever.

Why do think the first post is "Week 8" ??

j/k

It's not so bad... had to "borrow" them from another site and upload them to my server...

• Content Count:  635
  • Days Won:  0

Is the sugar bowl more presitgious than the Orange Bowl? As a fan, does it matter to me which bowl we get?

i think the Orange Bowl would be more of a biggie for the program. that doesn't mean that making it to the Sugar Bowl wouldn't be astronomically incredible, of course. but forget the bowl itself, if we get to choose between UF or BC to play, i'm taking UF every day of the week.

• Content Count:  1,390

I know I will get bitched at for this, but what if we lose a BCS bowl game can we call that a moral victory? As much as I'd love to win, I would still be **** proud of my Bulls.

I know I will get bitched at for this, but what if we lose a BCS bowl game? Can we call that a moral victory? As much as I'd love to win, I would still be **** proud of my Bulls.

I would be proud as well.

• Content Count:  282

I know I will get bitched at for this, but what if we lose a BCS bowl game can we call that a moral victory? As much as I'd love to win, I would still be **** proud of my Bulls.

I was just thinking "Man, how great is it that we are talking about which would be better for us, Sugar or Orange" when I read your post.  Pinch me, I am in Bull's Heaven (no trademark infringement expressed or implied...you know I love you guys  ;D)

• Content Count:  282

Why do think the first post is "Week 8" ??

j/k

It's not so bad... had to "borrow" them from another site and upload them to my server...

BTW, Jim, you are the total man for putting in the effort not only on the icons but the knowledge.  Great job!

• Content Count:  43

I agree totally. Even if that were the outcome just think of what has happened thus far. No one knew who USF was 3 months ago (I'm talking in a national perspective) and now everyone does. Our school has been put on the map and nothing is going to take that away from us.

• Content Count:  594

If, as Jim has predicted, both WVU and USF go to BCS bowls, we can call it a financial victory.

An SEC team has to share its 10-whatever million dollars with almost twice as many teams as we do. If two Big East schools go BCS, that's a huge financial windfall for all eight universities.

Archived