• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Any Thoughts on This Statement???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Looking at some of the more traditional teams' boards, inevitibly I come across a statement that reads something like "all the good teams have lost, only the mediocre teams are left".

Can someone please explain what this means.  I am completely baffled by it and it just makes no sense to me.  If a team is supposd to be so good, how in the hell did they lose in the first place?  USC losing to Stanford, struggling against Arizona nd Washington makes them good?  or is it amatter of their fans getting suckered in to their own press clippings.  Cal losing to Oregon State makes them good?  They also struggled against Colorado State.  Oklahoma struggled against a mediocre Texas team and lost to Colorado

• Content Count:  3,087
  • Days Won:  1

I take that comment as a fact from an uneducated fan.  Just because the traditional powers are knocked out for the time being, doesn't mean a new spawn of contenders has risen to prominence.  You have to consider that most of the fans you speak of are fans of teams that have been around for decades, yet we are the fans who know what we're in for and know it's our time to shine.

• Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

Its lonely at the top boys.  We would never lose to STANFORD or OREGON STATE. 

Like mark may said.  if it goes by record and the number of quality wins you HAVE to put USF at number one. 

jealousy and envy get you now where competition.  thats what i changed my quote to USF Fan: " Hi Haters"

time for us to lay back, be humble with confidence and finish strong in this destined season. 

They left out the word "traditionally" twice in that statement....

"all the [TRADITIONALLY] good teams have lost, only the [TRADITIONALLY] mediocre teams are left".

or you could swap "programs" for "teams"

"all the good [PROGRAMS] have lost, only the mediocre [PROGRAMS] are left".

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,730
  • Days Won:  3

...all the good teams have lost, only the mediocre teams are left..

In the case of South Florida, it's because we refuse to play by the time-tested, centuries old, 'we've always done it this way',

method of building a football program. We were supposed to spend a decade or so playing IAA, then try our hand at IA

independent for a few years...then hope to get picked up by some non-BCS conference where we languish in obscurity for

another decade or two, and maybe, if were really, realllly, reaaaallllly good, a BCS conference might give us an interview...

after about 30 years. And then we'll toss in the 'well, our conference is the toughest, and if you had to play our schedule week in and week out, you wouldn't be where you are'. Which may or may not be true. The point being, it comes down to the last man standing. Now, if you boy's want to knock each other out....

It drives these guys (talking heads and board rats) nuts that this eleven year old program is where it is. What they really mean is that all those pre-season rankings...hmmmmm....maybe not so well thought out after all? Or did we put too much stock in them to begin with? We're  'bout half way through the season, and this is the first time I can recall where there were in fact this many highly ranked teams losing games.

Now...if you want to consider USF 'mediocre'...that's fine. I would imagine that Auburn & WV would probably be hesitant to throw that term out there for obvious reasons, but really...I don't think I'd put too much faith in believing that pre-season rankings are necessarily a guide to how things are going to shake out when WE ACTUALLY GET AROUND TO PLAYING.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

They left out the word "traditionally" twice in that statement....

"all the [TRADITIONALLY] good teams have lost, only the [TRADITIONALLY] mediocre teams are left".

or you could swap "programs" for "teams"

"all the good [PROGRAMS] have lost, only the mediocre [PROGRAMS] are left".

Good answer.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,549
  • Days Won:  29

Yes, some fans are just closed minded ... amazing that some people hardly know much outta their conf.

Go BULLS !!!

Archived