• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Safety Question

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

People in my group got upset by the call too, but like Jim said, IT IS CORRECT. 

College and Pro rules are different when downing punts at the goal line.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Glad Jim could get after this before i could.  I spent about 15 mins trying to convince my friends that the rule in college is indeed the ball that must break the plain.  Brush up on the rule book folks. 

Glad Jim could get after this before i could.  I spent about 15 mins trying to convince my friends that the rule in college is indeed the ball that must break the plain.  Brush up on the rule book folks. 

It helps that I was a high school official for a few years... hope to get back to do it again.

It helps that I was a high school official for a few years... hope to get back to do it again.

Sweet, how does one get  the opportunity to do such works 

For you, contact the West Coast Officials Association.  They handle Hillsborough County high school and Tampa Bay Youth Football games.

There are groups like this across the country... so anyone who wants to officiate can join... they start in the spring with spring scrimmages... but I am willing to bet you could start this fall serving on the chain crew.

They pay $$, too... a few years ago chain crew paid like $20 per game... and officials received like $60 per game.  I made $2,000 extra each fall by officiating youth and high school games.

For you, contact the West Coast Officials Association.  They handle Hillsborough County high school and Tampa Bay Youth Football games.

There are groups like this across the country... so anyone who wants to officiate can join... they start in the spring with spring scrimmages... but I am willing to bet you could start this fall serving on the chain crew.

They pay $$, too... a few years ago chain crew paid like $20 per game... and officials received like $60 per game.  I made $2,000 extra each fall by officiating youth and high school games.

Appreciate it man been thinking about getting into officiating for a minute. 

Archived