• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

well it looks like our BCS chances got a little better....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

yea but i still think with overtime wins verses the likes of Louisana Tech and San Jose St does not make a team BCS worthy.  they wont make it thru their whole schedule without a loss. 

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

yea but i still think with overtime wins verses the likes of Louisana Tech and San Jose St does not make a team BCS worthy.  they wont make it thru their whole schedule without a loss. 

nobody is going to look at the margin of victory at the end of the season.

if Hawaii wins out and finishes the season ranked 12 or higher, they'll get a bid... if for no other reason than it takes heat off the BCS system and shuts people up about a playoff system.  not to mention Boise's beating of Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl was the "feel good story" of college football last year.

Boise and Wash are the biggest games left on their schedule.

regardless, the Bulls just need to finish strong and take the BE title and it won't matter what Hawaii does. we control our destiny right now.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

nobody is going to look at the margin of victory at the end of the season.

if Hawaii wins out and finishes the season ranked 12 or higher, they'll get a bid... if for no other reason than it takes heat off the BCS system and shuts people up about a playoff system.  not to mention Boise's beating of Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl was the "feel good story" of college football last year.

I disagree.  2/3 of the BCS rankings are human polls.  The computer rankings may not take margin of victory into acount, but the pollsters do.  During Fowler's phone call last night, he said the usual "Hawaii hasn't shown him anything spectacular this year" and had trouble with La. Tech so he just put them in at 24 because they were undefeated.  If they run the table and with real close calls at Washington and Boise, I don't think they get a BCS bid.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

How would a Hawaii loss help us?

The only way we get a BCS bid is to win the Big East.....

USF will not get an at large bid. The voters are looking for a reason to drop us out of the top 10.

• Content Count:  1,457

The WAC is not worthy this year - Hawaii plays "shoot out" football.  Defense wins games!

• Content Count:  153

either way, i think this game for hawaii on national TV, probably the only chance they get...

and having this poor showing is enough to keep them out of the top 12 at season's end.  plus i dont see them beating washington after watching them live for the first time.

regardless of the outcome on this game

They are on Nat. TV two more times.  One of them against Boise St.

• Content Count:  635

i like Hawaii, it'll be cool to see them in a BCS game. but what they do won't affect us at all, so i wouldn't root for them to lose or anything.

Archived