• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN: If you want a playoff system, root for South Florida

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

The article makes no sense.  She says that people need to root for us so that they can get a playoff, but then she says that we deserve it if we go undefeated because of our impressive wins.

I, like everyone else here, do not see how we'd be "crashing the party".  We're in a BCS conference, and if we do go undefeated, will have wins against a few top 25 teams.  It's just that all these **** people want the same schools playing in and out every year, it's f'ing ridiculous.

Oh, and i'm surprised she didn't call UCF our rival...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

nice press.....

If we win the National Title they can do what ever they want in the future.

I just want my USF 2008 National Champions shirt, hat, doormat, cup, coffee mug, framed photo, screensavers, watch, heck you get the point.

What no tattoo? If they win my previous;y un-tatted body is getting some iconic horns, perhaps right between the eyes . . . . . nah but a nice NATIONAL CHAMPIONS 2008 "U" on the arm is assured.

If that were to happen, i'm in for a tattoo as well and I really dislike tattoos :)

Im in we could all go together

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Yep, I say we have Mutt design it for us.

THAT could be scary.  After seeing the ****sburg one... i'm afraid of what he would come up with ;)

• Content Count:  1,757

They had a similar topic on scout "ask CFN" today.  I think his response is a little more on the money as far as the playoff arguement will go unheard again no matter what.  It is also much less condescending than the ESPN story.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/689809.html

If Cal ends up playing South Florida for the national championship, which is as good as anyone's guess the way this season is going, would that help get a playoff sooner in college football? No one outside about 100 square miles of Northern California seems to know about or care about Cal, and USF is still confused with UCF, FIU, FAU and the other newbies from the Sunshine State by most football fans. Bears and Bulls are more associated with the stock market, so what fans from Ann Arbor, South Bend, Baton Rouge and the other meccas of college football are going to tune in to a USF-UC national championship? - PA

A: Let’s settle this right now. Nothing, NOTHING will bring about a playoff any faster. Not seven unbeaten teams, not four top-shelf one-loss teams, not Utah State vs. Florida International getting in thanks to the computer polls, nothing. I’m hearing more and more about how fans just aren’t fired up about the possibility of, say, Cincinnati vs. Arizona State in a national title, or Kansas vs. Hawaii. Don’t fall for the brand names. Would fans rather have Notre Dame vs. Miami? How about Texas vs. Michigan? As of right now, I’m taking a stance to mentally whiz all over anyone who gets all high and mighty about not having any interest in the national title game pairing a couple of non-traditional teams.

It’s the exact same thing for me and baseball. I admit to having less than zero interest in a Colorado – Arizona National League Championship Series, and will probably be more interested in the latest episode of The Biggest Loser than the winner of that series playing Cleveland, if the Tribe beats Boston. Of course I’ll watch, but true baseball fans have the right to dismiss me as a total idiot, just like I'll blast away at anyone who dogs a Cal - South Florida matchup in New Orleans.

• Content Count:  385

It’s the exact same thing for me and baseball. I admit to having less than zero interest in a Colorado – Arizona National League Championship Series, and will probably be more interested in the latest episode of The Biggest Loser than the winner of that series playing Cleveland, if the Tribe beats Boston. Of course I’ll watch, but true baseball fans have the right to dismiss me as a total idiot, just like I'll blast away at anyone who dogs a Cal - South Florida matchup in New Orleans.

Well said...anyone who thinks a Cal - USF matchup wouldn't be a good one has no clue about college football.

• Content Count:  545

"It's something I can't control," USF coach Jim Leavitt said. "I'm a lot safer just trying to focus on UCF."

Coachspeak translation: IT'S GARBAGE! I'M A MAN! I'M 40! (More like 51.)

Thats the best line in the article

• Content Count:  1,386

So if a program that has been in Division I-A for only 10 years played for the national title, the gap almost would become an imaginary line.

Did anyone else notice this? USF is in it's 11th year of football period. Four years of I-AA and USF is in it's 7th year of I-A football. Can these journalists google?

Kizarvexis

Archived