• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Straight up football (no bs), what can we expect from UCF?

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  385
  • Days Won:  0

We have a problem shutting down the short passing game.  I am not sure this is part of the D plan (to not give up big plays) or what, but it is frustrating to watch.  Any ideas what the deal is with that?  I understand why we used it for the WVU game, but we seemed to have the same setup for the FAU game.  Not really the same types of offense

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,293

UCF runs alot of 1 back sets.

as long as we tackle well we can hold smith to his worst game of the season.  i doubt he makes it thru all 4 qtrs

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

UCF runs alot of 1 back sets.

as long as we tackle well we can hold smith to his worst game of the season. i doubt he makes it thru all 4 qtrs

Very well a possibility as  he runs a bit too upright and will get a ton of carries against a hard hitting defense. 

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

From what I overhear up here in Orlando, QB is the weak link on offense.  If Greco plays, we'll see a more Grothe-esque offense.  Isreal throws the ball only slightly better than Greco and isn't very consisten. Greco is bigger and a scrambler, but tends to turn the ball over both passing and running.

It looks like they've actually found some playmakers on defense, but for the most part the good players on D are freshmen so they are prone to mistakes.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Grothe

• Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

Which QB is starting?

Regardless of who is starting, look for both qbs to get snaps on saturday

• Content Count:  12,293

we will see both but it sounds like O Leary is gonna start the backup which means they are gonna try to run a lot of option type football.  the guy cant be better than pat white and we all know what we've done to him

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

The consensus seems to be that they will try and run K. Smith down the center and if throw passes from there. We're a little light on the defensive line so the idea is that we'd play a lot of man to man and stack the box. If we still can't stop their running game with 8 men we could be in for a long day.

I keep hearing that, and we may have been in the past, but not really this year.  Clebert is an absolute beast, 312 pounds, benching 540 pounds, etc, clogging up the middle of the line.  Selvie is a little on the light side but lightning fast, blowing past O lineman like they're not even there.  Buie and Harris have good size, as do some of the backups.  We really aren't that undersized on the D line

Archived