What's New
  • USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

Straight up football (no bs), what can we expect from UCF?

Guest BasketBull.

Guest BasketBull.

I caught some of the Texas game and I thought they looked pretty good, especially on offense. I think in that department, they have improved from the past.

But then they got schooled by ECU... Did anyone see the game?

I don't know what to make of them.

The line moved from 14pts to 11. I guess folks are putting down serious money.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  416
  • Days Won:  0

The consensus seems to be that they will try and run K. Smith down the center and if throw passes from there. We're a little light on the defensive line so the idea is that we'd play a lot of man to man and stack the box. If we still can't stop their running game with 8 men we could be in for a long day.

• Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  6

They will certainly bring their best.  One thing is for sure they will come hard, as they want to win this game probably more than any game in recent memory.  Not to mention they've had a few disappointments this season (not counting the UCF favorite "moral victory" line).

Kevin Smith will run hard, bruising, up the middle.  If he stays healthy and assuming we don't go up really big right off the bat, I would put money down that he would have a career-high number of carries.  We showed a weakness last week and they will try like hell to exploit it.

We are a much more talented team, playing at home, coming off a lousy performance, and we want to win just as bad as they do.  We shall prevail.

• Content Count:  5,827
  • Days Won:  5

I haven't really seen them play that much. Saw the texas game, and bits of their meltdown quarter last week.

A friend of mine that is just a football fan (went with me to AU, and WVU games) has season tickets for UCF, and he said they also like to run a toss sweep quite a bit as well. Not sure if we will see that since they know our speed, but they may try to get out on the edges a little more than we think.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Expect them to run Smith till the wheels fall off.  They are very one dimensional and as Smith goes so does their o.  Their QB's are meh and unproven their WR's are average at best but have some young talent. 

Basically We need to put 8 in the box and make their QB's and WR's beat our secondary.  I say lots of bodies around the LOS lots of blitzes and make their QB's make quick decisions while under pressure. 

Stop smith and its game set match and we should win going away.  If we let him have some success (100 plus yards) on the ground the game will be closer than we want.  If we let him run wild we very well could lose by 2 scores. 

Prediction

USF-38

UCF-13

Smith 28att, 82yds, 1 TD

• Content Count:  12,291

smith is their only real big play maker.  they have 2 WRs that are fast but not very experienced and lack some size.

their defense has a couple solid players on the D-line, their linebackers are very questionable, and they have 1 or 2 guys in the secondary that can play a little bit.  i cant remember his name but one of their corners, i think he is #18 or #13 is a solid player.

overall, they have a lot of holes on both sides.  with the exception of kevin smith i cant really see one player on their team that would be a starter on ours.  but again, ive only seen them play texas and ecu.  maybe some guys had bad games but i really didnt see too much.  FAU's defense looks like it had more speed.

• Content Count:  385

I have seen a couple of games of theirs and they look good.  For the most part they seem solid.  They some how got a D this season, but I still think that is their weakness overall.  They will come out hard and so do we. 

Since RU is no longer a huge game that we thought it was going to be in the beginning of the season, I truly believe that our boys will not overlook this game.  And if that is true we have a great shot at winning this game

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I have seen a couple of games of theirs and they look good.  For the most part they seem solid.  They some how got a D this season, but I still think that is their weakness overall.  They will come out hard and so do we. 

Since RU is no longer a huge game that we thought it was going to be in the beginning of the season, I truly believe that our boys will not overlook this game.  And if that is true we have a great shot at winning this game

I think the fact that Rugters hasnt remained unbeaten and our poor showing last week are pretty much the worst thing that could have happened to UCF. 

• Content Count:  385

Yup I agree  Otherwise I think it really would have been a trap game

• Content Count:  3,369
  • Days Won:  1

After sitting through the Brutal Sun (hotter than ucf last year) and FAU rushing game I am very concerned about Smith up the gut running!  FAU exploited us up the middle with the run and the pass...  Is the FAU QB better than ucf QB?  Does UCF have Fullback to compliment Smith?  FAU had a Speedy back and a Fullback that really messed with us, I do not know if UCF has those 3 things... I know Smith is Great back but I do not think they have the other two components?  I trust Wally B. and McCarney will have Defense scheme to slow down (Not shut down) Smith... ucf success will fall on QBs and if that happens I like what we see... FAU opened the Defense coaches eyes and I am thankful for that! 

Archived