• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Protesters?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  139

the only thing I found offensive about Whitley was him being allowed to mount our Bull in the athletic facility

the other crap is just typical UCF blather

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

Are people actually pissed at a comment made by a 2 time national championship coach and a 2 time super bowl winner?  USF is OVERRATED at #5!!!!  Yes, I said it!!  They are definately a top 25 team and have beaten 2 top 25 teams, but how can you have 8 turnovers in 2 games be expected to win every time?  The meteoric rise of USF is partly due to them being 4-0, but mostly due to Florida, USC, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, and other teams falling from the top 10, so USF rises up by default.  Can USF beat LSU, Oklahoma, Cal, or Ohio State right now?  Think about it!!

You seem to be one of our new fans, welcome to the board!  While the protest is silly, let me give you the perspective of a real USF fan rather than some asses down by a tv station.

When USF started football, I have to admit that I was a little less than enthusiastic about our chances of becoming "big time"  because I knew that the goals were high and the odds were long, but I loved my school and went to the games even if it subjected me to ridicule.  While USF was defeating teams like Morehead St., Liberty, and S.Utah, never would I have even dreamed that soon they would be pounding teams like Houston, East Carolina and North Caroilina (yes the same UNC team which beat the Mighty U., the University of Miami)!  USF beating West Virginia, Pitt, Syracuse, and Auburn on the road would have been unthinkable!  Now it is easy to look at some of the problems that USF has had and yet they still found a way to win.  It is also easy to say this team or that team is better, but I could also argue that there seem to be no great teams this year.

While there are extreme differences, I think that I can make a small comparison to the Bucs team which won a championship.  Rather than looking at the postives like the fact that they always found a way to win,   at the time I always looked only at the negatives ( 27th in rushing, a QB who could not get out of his own way, and a defense which played mostly zone and always seemed like it had to come up with miracle stops to win the game). I was comparing them to past champs like the 1993 Dallas Cowboys or the 1989 49ers which tended to roll alot of their opponents.  Really, this was unfair since there were no great teams in 2002. I should have looked at it like "****, the Bucs have a chance to win a Super Bowl"!

So that said, we should all enjoy the fact that USF is even in the running for a spot in a New Year's Day Bowl and quit lamenting about any deficiencies they seem to have. We also need to ignore those who seem to want to chiristen them as No.1 and whine when someone puts down the school since it really is not surprising.  The time to get upset is if USF is fortunate enough to win all of their games and still get no respect.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  178
  • Days Won:  0

I can't believe you people! Jimmie Johnson... He's the greatest!!! The way he drives that Lowes Home Improvement Center Chevrolet...Jeeez. Now some of you have referred to the Pink Flamingos that must have been a reference to the Rainbow warrior (Jeff Gordon) well that's OK...ohh.. wrong site! see Yah!!

Archived