• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nick Saban full of Bull with rip of South Florida

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

Even if there is some truth to Saban's comments it is pretty tacky to hear a major Division I coach say that.

Sad truth is we have gone from an incredible story to a pretty hated program largely because our fan base has gone from humble and classy to arrogant and obnoxious overnight.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Sad truth is we have gone from an incredible story to a pretty hated program largely because our fan base has gone from humble and classy to arrogant and obnoxious overnight.

DING DING DING! Winner!

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

DING DING DING! Winner!

I don't think that is true, I don't think we were ever humble and classy  ;).

Seriously, I totally agree with this to an extent. Rubbing our success in UF's face, or WVU, or, ANY TIME THE OVER-RATED CHANT is done is completely uncalled for.

However, I am not sure that this is the thread to say our fans shouldn't be vocal. I for one will always get ticked off if someone attacks my school, my education. As a football fan, I was ticked, as a graduate though, that takes it to another level.

I went to Auburn, and I know that there are good fan bases out there. We need to strive to be one. I think a little pre-game banter is good, and I will certainly retaliate any time a UCiF'er comes over and attacks. Other than that, I like to visit opponent boards to see what they are saying. Spent a little time on AU's board today, wished them luck this week. Dropped by FAU, wished them luck after this week.

I have no reason to go to WVU's board. When they get ready for their next big game (UL, RU, Cincy), I will wish them luck.

I don't ever see a reason to go to an opponent message board and talk smack. If it is the week of the game, maybe just for fun, but otherwise, it's just stupid.

The problem we are going to have is that a lot of our fan base grew up with gator fans as their only true college football influence. That is not something to shoot for. I don't know how to turn it around, but we need to do it before it is out of hand.

• Content Count:  2,511

I say that Mr. Saban should change his first name to Richard, and then go by the nickname of Richard.  >:D

• Content Count:  12,293

people at others who are successful.  regardless of what our fans do or don't do, people are going to take shots at us because we are #6 and only been around in d-1 for 7 years

• Content Count:  1,334

Even if there is some truth to Saban's comments it is pretty tacky to hear a major Division I coach say that.

Obviously.  Where do you think those extra people who sold the stadium out came from?  Were they loyal, cordial fans who just couldn't find their way to the stadium before and suddenly had directions?

I'm leaning more toward the bandwagon fan explanation, and everyone knows how bandwagon fans act.  As for the FAU guy's comment, I'll just chuckle.  You never know, there are never guarantees in college football.  However, FAU will PROBABLY not be walking out of their stadium with anything but an L this weekend.  I do, however, admire your loyalty.  As an Eagles fan, I can certainly understand it right now too :(.  Hurry back Westbrook and Dawkins.

• Content Count:  10,219

saban is GREEN with envy

any YELLOW to throw stones and try to hide behind a reporter

• Content Count:  186

I friggin hate Nick Saban.  That POS hack couldn't handle it with the big boys in the NFL and left the Dolphins holding the bag.  I'd like to see Don Shula kick the living **** out of him sometime.  He can rot in Alabama, they aren't going anywhere.

Archived