• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Standing Up/Sitting Down..

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  0

I know this was just discussed a week or 3 ago..

But what is with fans that freak out when you stand up? SERIOUSLY?

I was getting SO pissed off at the WVU game. Every time I stood up, this older guy behind me (wearing USF gear) would scream out "SIT DOWN SO WE CAN WATCH TO!". I finally turned around and looked right at him and said simply "Sorry. I Don't pay to SIT. What colors are you wearing tonight??? Obviously not green and gold." I eventually just ignored him and he ended up standing the rest of the game.

I wish I could sit in the student section :( :(

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stood a lot more this game than I have for any other... Stood on defense, sat on offense and during TV timeouts.  It was a GREAT balance.

One - it was more exciting.  Hard to stand and get excited against Elon or UNC.

Two - Behind me were a few very well behaved WVU fans.  Good guys, alumni who live in the area.  They were standing a lot... and I didn't mind blocking their views when they weren't. ;)

• Content Count:  7,890

I stood when the D was on the field and sat when the O was and for the first time in years no one yelled at me

How does one handle this? Do I sit to be polite? Eff that. I spent my money on these tickets to enjoy the game.

I just don't feel like getting into a fist fight with some bandwagoner.

• Content Count:  21,004
  • Days Won:  38

Man, I don't know...  All I know is everyone I could see was standing for just about the entire game except for TV timeouts and such.  I am actually surprised to see this comment because it seemed like the entire place was on 100% of the game.

Oh there were a row of WVU fans behind me about a few rows up.  That was some funny stuff right there.  After all the trash they were talking before the game all they could do was sit there and eat it.

I had that as well. About two rows back.. yelled **** all game until it ended. Then they left without saying a word. Funny.

• Content Count:  3,827

I was getting SO pissed off at the WVU game. Every time I stood up, this older guy behind me (wearing USF gear) would scream out "SIT DOWN SO WE CAN WATCH TO!". I finally turned around and looked right at him and said simply "Sorry. I Don't pay to SIT. What colors are you wearing tonight??? Obviously not green and gold." I eventually just ignored him and he ended up standing the rest of the game.

Come join us in 125. The more the merrier! :)

AMEN. Get some of the opposing fans out of our section.

I would be happy to do so.. what is best way to get season tickets for that section at this point in time?

• Content Count:  3,095
  • Days Won:  1

I'm planning on joining you guys there next season when I get my season tix.  You all make it seem like another student section.

Archived