• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let's talk football now.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

1. No one said that it was OK for Ford to fumble because he is a freshman. They were making the point that Leavitt is coaching him. By benching him, Leavitt is teaching him how important it is to take care of the football. Amarri on the other hand doesn't get benched because he is a senior, and can make plays for us.

2. I think those were Ford's first blunders of the year (just going off of memory, so I might be wrong), don't lose faith in him yet. CJL seems to have faith in everyone on the field, and I know Ford hasn't lost his faith yet, but he did have to teach him about how important the situation was, and that limited his carries. I doubt that it will carry over.

3. This is just an opinion, but I am wondering if our WR's are getting the Duper/Clayton syndrome when they saw Marino getting all the press ("ask the man with the million dollar arm"). Do they think since Matt is getting all of this attention that he should be hitting them perfectly in the chest, or it is his fault if the ball hits the ground? The first pick was pretty bad, but Amarri could have tried to make a play. The second pick... TJ FLAT OUT GAVE UP. He had better position than the guy that came down with it. At the very least, take two steps and tackle the guy before he grabs it, it was a tipped ball, so no PI is going to be called. TJ stood there and watched it get picked. On top of that, add in all the dropped passes, and it has all the makings of some selfish WRs on the field. Don't get me wrong, I am not too down on them yet, and dropped balls are going to happen, but a couple more games like this, and we may have a real problem on our hands. A QB is only as good as his receivers, and they have made some plays (TJ especially), I am just hoping that they aren't getting frustrated by the attention MG gets and the conservitive offense we are running 90% of the time.

I am excited about watching our offense mature. They are getting better. Matt had a rough game, but he isn't getting much help from the receivers. RB's all look good. Even with the fumbles, Ford is a beast. There is no way he shouldn't be getting at least 10-12 carries per game. We haven't had to do anything but play smash-mouth football so far. Our O-line is getting a good push, and opening up running and passing lanes.

Who is our national defensive player of the week next? I am thinking Mike Jenkins or Tyrone McKenzie.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

I stated in a separte thread before the game that Trae Williams is the weakest of our D-Backs.  He gets beat deep when he tries to jump the short routes.  Having said that he is better than most.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  403
  • Days Won:  0

On 2 passes, one that got picked on the WV 3 (after the 2nd quarter turnover that gave us the ball on the 26), and on a deep pass that was almost intercepted, the receiver (Amarri on one of them) kept his pattern and didn't go up to get the ball at it's highest point...  Go up and get it if you are being covered!

Grothe did not have a very good game and we still kicked WV's tails!

Archived