• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"Amari, Catch the Ball!"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  0

AJ is a good WR.  He could be phenomenal if he does these consistently:

1.  Look the ball into his arm before running.

2.  Hold the ball like it was his own.

3.  Tap Matt on the helmet and smile when a bad pass has been thrown.

On #2, I think his arms are so long that it may be harder for him to tuck it away and still be able to maintain that speed.  Think about it:  the guys with shorter arm has an easier time tucking the football away and still maintain a fluid motion when running with the football.  Players with longer arms, especially forearms, have difficulty tucking in the ball because the football is not long enough to have it tucked in the armpit area all the way to the cup of the hand.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,757

Amarri has stunk up the joint this year....I dont remember him ever dropping this many EASY passes...

Don't blame Amarri for those what you call "easy" passes...  how many of those drops were behind or way off? 

Blame Grothe for being off target all season. 

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Some of you guys are NOT understanding my point.

Stop wasting peoples time with this crap.

This thread would have died a long time ago if not for your continued ranting.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  140

My beef with Amari is of course the dropped balls, but more importantly how discouraged he gets.  He puts a puss on his face and I did see that play the "noob" was talking about when the announcer was like "Amari, Catch the ball".  The anouncer was pissed for the same reason I was.  Amari looked at Grothe and made a gesture that it was a bad toss.  Bro, you drop everything even if it hit you in the chest.  [glow=red,2,300]get back to the huddle and at least try to block someone because we know you havent made a play in 2 years.[/glow] 

The Oakland Raiders Randy Moss of USF.  Except when Randy goes to a winning team he stops complaining.  Guys whole attitude has gotten old 2 years ago.  BTW, whoever thinks he is our best WR is not watching the games. 

IMG_0237.JPG

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

he is a the weak link

• Content Count:  7

This isn't really surprising me.  Amari was just like this at Riverview High School.  He would have some great games, and then have some bad ones.  He fumbled alot in High School, and when we threw it he had drops like he does now, but he also had many explosive, game turn around runs.  Good to see someone else returning kicks.  ;D  I really hope he can have some good games coming up, its his time now!  Also Ford needs to keep that ball in, close to him!

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

He fumbled alot in High School, and when we threw it he had drops like he does now, but he also had many explosive, game turn around runs. 

Wasn't he a QB in HS?

If so, I know he has been playing WR here, but remember, he was a basketball player first, and a QB. He really isn't a natural receiver. I would say give it time, but he is a Senior. He will make plays, he will miss some. At worst, he draws the best DB because of his size, leaving TJ, Hester, and Mitchell (hopefully more and more Mitchell as the season goes along) working against lesser defensive players.

No QB is perfectly on target with every pass. Peyton Manning is pretty good, but his receivers make some great catches as well. His ball flutters some times, but if the receiver gets their hands on it, they really can't blame the QB.

Amarri is passionate, he wants to contribute, and he will. His biggest issue is getting ahead of himself. He tries to run before he catches, he tries to look for a gap before he breaks a tackle. I don't see the lack of effort some people are talking about. I could be missing it, but I don't see it.

Wasn't it Amarri trying to pick Delbert up in Auburn? You can't teach that. Guys look up to him, and he is an emotional leader. He should get angry when he drops a pass because he knows he can do better.

Archived