• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Bull in the Swamp - "Go Bulls"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

I was at the Bulls game on Friday night and it was nuts.  Last night I went to the Gators game w/some buddies and of course had on my Bulls shirt.  I had 31 "Go Bulls" as I was walking thru the crowd.  Had numerous Gators and Tigers shake my hand and tell what a great team we have and to keep it up.

Saw numerous "Bull" hats, shirts, and flags flying.  It is outstanding to see the landscape changing in Florida and across the country in regards to our Bulls!

Go Bulls!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at the Bulls game on Friday night and it was nuts.  Last night I went to the Gators game w/some buddies and of course had on my Bulls shirt.  I had 31 "Go Bulls" as I was walking thru the crowd.  Had numerous Gators and Tigers shake my hand and tell what a great team we have and to keep it up.

Saw numerous "Bull" hats, shirts, and flags flying.  It is outstanding to see the landscape changing in Florida and across the country in regards to our Bulls!

Go Bulls!

Sounds great!!

Of course, they look at it like we're the good little kid... they pat us on the head and say "good job" because, in their minds, they aren't threatened by us...

yet.

• Content Count:  808
  • Days Won:  0

Go Bulls!

Sounds great!!

Of course, they look at it like we're the good little kid... they pat us on the head and say "good job" because, in their minds, they aren't threatened by us...

yet.

"Yet" may have arrived. Now that UF lost and suddenly they find themselves challenged with an AP ranking BEHIND USF, well, I dont think they'll like that one bit. Not only are they not the best team in the country, they're not even the best team in Florida currently per the AP.

Think we'll see a SWIFT change of heart from Gator fans re USF in the coming weeks.  The same "we could still beat the #$$# out of them" bitterness displayed by FSU and UM fans is sure to surface.

FAU, you're next

• Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

I didn't get the feeling of the little brother who they could beat in a street fight.  Quite the opposite from the fans that approached me.  Several made the comment about being glad they were not playing us this year.

Don't get me wrong, UF will always be UF with their better than everyone else at everything mentality.  I just think they have taken notice.  They also had a ton of football recruits in the house last night that I'm sure did not leave with a great taste in their mouth after the big loss.

Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  433

I too was at the Swamp for my first Gator game. I promised a good friend of mine who is a gator alum (who has been to every USF home game with me wearing USF gear) I would go up and support his team. The atmosphere was awesome and it was a great college football game. I know why a lot of Bulls hate the Gators but i don't think it should be like that. I told him i will support him and the Gators up until that initial meeting and then after that its smack talk city!

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I didn't get the feeling of the little brother who they could beat in a street fight.  Quite the opposite from the fans that approached me.  Several made the comment about being glad they were not playing us this year.

Don't get me wrong, UF will always be UF with their better than everyone else at everything mentality.  I just think they have taken notice.  They also had a ton of football recruits in the house last night that I'm sure did not leave with a great taste in their mouth after the big loss.

Go Bulls!

You wiill never convince a group of posters on this board of your POV.  There are some here who demonize UF and its fans no matter what they say or do.  Its almost like the hard on UCF fans have for us, its pretty ironic and funny to me. 

• Content Count:  400

I too was at the Swamp for my first Gator game. I promised a good friend of mine who is a gator alum (who has been to every USF home game with me wearing USF gear) I would go up and support his team. The atmosphere was awesome and it was a great college football game. I know why a lot of Bulls hate the Gators but i don't think it should be like that. I told him i will support him and the Gators up until that initial meeting and then after that its smack talk city!

like the redsox, i dont have a problem with the team, i have a problem with their fans.  i was watching the bucs game with my cousin (UF c/o 2002) and told her of the updated rankings (us being ahead of UF)-- she looked at me like i was a moron and replied, "c'mon, you actually believe USF is better than UF?  we just played like crap vs. auburn.. i mean, i'm all for usf, but seriously.."

i explained how we beat auburn, and auburn beat them, and that we are ranked higher and undefeated, etc.. she wasn't buying it.  granted, she's a girl and probably not a sports geek like us, but USF being better than UF seemed unfathomable.  that whole ignorant mentality pisses me off about UF fans.. and it's not just her, A GOOD AMOUNT of UF fans are like this.

i think a lot of it has to do with the sheer number of UF fans/alum around here who always have each other's back.. outside of the redsox, i just have never come across a fan base so delusional about their team.

like the redsox, i dont have a problem with the team, i have a problem with their fans.  i was watching the bucs game with my cousin (UF c/o 2002) and told her of the updated rankings (us being ahead of UF)-- she looked at me like i was a moron and replied, "c'mon, you actually believe USF is better than UF?  we just played like crap vs. auburn.. i mean, i'm all for usf, but seriously.."

i explained how we beat auburn, and auburn beat them, and that we are ranked higher and undefeated, etc.. she wasn't buying it.  granted, she's a girl and probably not a sports geek like us, but USF being better than UF seemed unfathomable.  that whole ignorant mentality pisses me off about UF fans.. and it's not just her, A GOOD AMOUNT of UF fans are like this.

i think a lot of it has to do with the sheer number of UF fans/alum around here who always have each other's back.. outside of the redsox, i just have never come across a fan base so delusional about their team.

One man's delusion is another man's rabid support for his team.

Some might saw we're delusional... especially those of us with thousands of posts...

::)  ::)  ::)

• Content Count:  3,827

After a gator fan at work told me before the Auburn game that he "would go watch a game at raymond james if it wasnt a high school team playing there".......and then after the Auburn game he told me that "usf just might win that little big east...and that auburn is awful this year"..........i will NOT go easy on gator fans anymore.

I'm sorry, but i've had enough. Gator fans are ALMOST in the class of Miami fans in my book, and that means war. :)

• Content Count:  19

I think the reason it's so hard to tolerate Gator fans is that most of them are so arrogant.  Team spirit is one thing, but they are so in-your-face about their team.  That's what's hard to take.  And a lot of Gator fans have nothing to do with the school or the town -- they're just Gator fans because it's cool.  Maybe that's why those of non-Gator fans want to see them knocked down a few notches... to put some of the obnoxious fans in their place.

Go Bulls!

Archived