• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF preparing for UCF game sellout!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  849
  • Days Won:  0

The only thing holding back this offense is our o-line. With an improved o-line we should be able to pound the rock better and provide better pass protection.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Kudos to the Bulls and the Athletic program.  As far as how big of a stadium, I would say somewhere in the 60.000 range.  No need for anything bigger. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

We also have to think what happens when, heaven forbid, USF has a rebuilding season... 2004 was a tough year for a lot of us here -- we hadn't been through a rebuilding year... EVER ... made it hard to watch a lot of the games (Army, Memphis, Pitt, among others).

Outcomes of games -- positive and negative -- can have an effect on the ticket buying fan base.

Exactly my point. Amidst the newfound bandwagoneers, there are sure to be some lifelong fans in the making.  In a couple of years when we're rebuilding and the attendance drops off, we'll have a better idea about the fan "base".  Stadium size should be fan "base"+ maybe 10k for "hot" games. Before this season I would have said 45k (35 avg attendance+10k for big games), but now that seems insufficient

First of all, there is no reason we will have a "rebuilding year" any time soon.  The reason we sucked in 2004 was an average QB.  In 2005 we made up for it by improving a little bit in most areas.  In 2006 we had a QB and every position has gotten better since then.  We lose some players this year but not much on offense and we have quality defensive backups to step up at CB, DT, and MLB.

Our RBs should continue to get better, and when Grothe graduates we'll have Voss or someone else we recruit by then to come in.  The fact that we're the 6th ranked team in the country with very few high star recruits says a lot about our recruiting ability.  It can't get any worse with the success we're having and the money we're getting.

One result of this sudden rise is a larger target on us now than ever before. We won't be sneaking up on anyone EVER again and we will be getting the A+++ game of all the lesser schools we play from here on out... especially our next two this year ..... Plus, we have Wofford next year. Wofford will have visions of App State, a team they beat this year. As good of a job CJL has done coaching up to this point, it's going to get a lot harder ..... but, so far, his handling of the team and the notoriety has been great after the last two weeks.

• Content Count:  3,403

Kudos to the Bulls and the Athletic program.  As far as how big of a stadium, I would say somewhere in the 60.000 range.  No need for anything bigger. 

We're going to sell 67,000 possibly 4 times this year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  1,231

Unless we just can't get a reasonable deal at Raymond James I don't see why we would want to play anywhere else? RJ is an excellent facility. Why waste the money?

Another sellout would be great. And much easier to deal with on a Saturday then to deal with the usual heavy Friday night commuter traffic.

• Content Count:  5,241

Welcome to the big time guys! Get use to the noise coming from the student section, itll be crazy the rest of the year!

On the OCS thing: IF and only IF we decide to build one, build it with the availability to add/construct several thousand more seats.

• Content Count:  339

well, we're only going to sell out if we're undefeated.

What happens after (if) we lose a game?  Attendance will drop precipitously.  Not all 67,000 fans on friday night are huge bulls supporters (or we would have sold that many for UNC).

The best thing about the WVU game was that it was a difficult ticket to get.  I heard from many people that really tried hard to scrape together some tickets and were unsuccessful.  This is going to inspire people to start buying tickets ahead of time and not wait till the last minute like we've all been accustomed to doing.  I'd really like to see a large jump in season ticket sales at the end of the season.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  138

RJS fit our needs perfectly for this game-- I don't see why we suddenly should start building some huge venue when we have never sold out before.

It's fine to talk about it but I think we are undervaluing how nice it is to have this fine facility available for our use.

• Content Count:  3,827

http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=38299.0

per Greg's web log!!!!!!  Is this getting crazy or what!

Start the plans in motion for the SuperBowl bleachers behind the student section!

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/

http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=38299.0

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

RJS fit our needs perfectly for this game-- I don't see why we suddenly should start building some huge venue when we have never sold out before.

It's fine to talk about it but I think we are undervaluing how nice it is to have this fine facility available for our use.

I had three WVU fans who had never been to RayJay sit directly in front of me, and upon getting to the seats, one looked around, then said to the others,  "This is an incredible facility for watching a game." 

Archived