• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Washington Post: After Shocking Upsets, It's Homely at the Top

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  16,327
  • Days Won:  43

Bumble Bee!!!! Bumble Bee!!! I dont care if we dont have the juice for the national title. I still think we can get there if things keep going our way. And, USF should not bow down to anyone which includes LSU and USC. LSU will probably lose to UF next week, so I am not too worried about them. USC almost lost to Washington, so they are not invincible. This might be the year of the BULL!!!!!

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Undefeated South Florida, now a Big East favorite, should rise considerably in the polls, but its national title hopes are slim. Historically, teams that start the season unranked have too far to climb to be serious national contenders.

This is the sad reality of college football.

I guess in retrospect, somebody should've pushed to get Grothe into that commercial featuring Heisman candidates from the Big East.

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Undefeated South Florida, now a Big East favorite, should rise considerably in the polls, but its national title hopes are slim. Historically, teams that start the season unranked have too far to climb to be serious national contenders.

This is the sad reality of college football.

I guess in retrospect, somebody should've pushed to get Grothe into that commercial featuring Heisman candidates from the Big East.

That would have jinxed him and the team for sure.  I'm still waiting for Grothe to have his breakout game and get back to the production level he had last year.  Actually, I was hoping for an improvement over last year but the new offense and schemes may be taking a while to get comfortable with.  If our defense has an off night, which thankfully they haven't, we would be hardpressed to come out with a win since our offensive production has been marginal.  Once the offense starts playing lights out - slim starts getting a whole lot fatter!!

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Look, I'm not going to suggest that we will win the rest of our games.  We have a long road to go, and a lot of teams that can beat us (Rutgers, Cincy, Louisville). 

That said, IF we get through undefeated, I think it will be tough not to put us in the NC game if we are the only one or two BCS teams still unbeaten.  What would the argument be against us?  If there are three or four unbeaten teams, we're out of it.  If we (or Cincy) make it through unbeaten, there will be a huge rallying cry to get us in the title game or show again what a farce the BCS is.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

It amazes me how many people are worried about our offense. We haven't needed to press anything yet. Is there a more clutch QB on any team? If we are playing from behind, I have total faith in Grothe and Leavitt to get us back in it. We have so many weapons on offense, and so far, we haven't needed to do anything crazy.

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

...We are not ready to play for an NC.  Not until the offense gets it together.

And what team is ready?  Nobody out there looks invincible to me.

Of course, we could lose any of our remaining games, including this week.  Hopefully the team won't

overlook anybody based on the way this season has gone.

Go Bulls!

Archived