• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East must feel like idiots now.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Any of you who watch the Big East football games on TV will see at halftime (maybe a couple times during the game) our conference commercial. Usually it's an all inclusive commercial promoting the Big East in general. This year they decided to make it an add to support Brohm, Slaton, White, and Ric for the heisman, while completely leaving out the other 5 teams of the conference. (for those who would like to see this commercial, follow this link: http://www.bigeast.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=19400&ATCLID=1243791)

Now, if I were them, I might want to reconsider showing that commercial anymore this year. Now that those four gentleman have all been defeated and their chances of winning the award are slim to none. Thanks Big East for looking like fools. USF sure does know how to spoil a pconference party.

USF, spoiling football plans for 11 years.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Ray Rice still has a chance. Brohm is out of it, and the Heisman voters are going to remember USF pulling White's and Slaton's pants down on national TV.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

IMO Brohm is the only one who is out of it at this point.  WVU and Rugters could still win out and possibly win the BE title which would but their players back in the Heisman conversation (can you honestly name me a legit Heisman contender other than Booty?).  The Heisman race is completely wide open at this point and no one but Brohm on a 2 loss team is eliminated IMO. 

Ray Rice only had a chance if Rutgers went undefeated and kept him in the national spotlight...  not to mention that Maryland held him to 97 yards...

Pat White and Steve Slaton are aslo out, thanks to USF.  I don't recall any Heisman winners have an "off" week as bad as these guys had.

Finally, Brian Brohm's lackluster performance against NC State might be an anomaly... but he hasn't played the good Big East defenses (USF, WVU, Cincy) yet.

There are quite a few others who have a better chance... McFadden, Woodson, Brennan, Jackson...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

USF, spoiling football plans for 11 years.

I would buy a shirt with that on it.

• Content Count:  1,457
  • Days Won:  0

Ray may do it still.  Our defensive players will win no less than 3 national awards this year!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,735
  • Days Won:  3

That is a good point, and I'd be surprised if that particular spot runs much longer.

Also, it interesting to go back and watch the game, especially the pregame "I Know"

segment. In particular "...losing this game is not an option..." and to the effect that

losing this game all but kills our BCS chances.

Interesting stuff.

• Content Count:  60

The Big East's problem was hyping or over hyping WV, Louisville, and RU.

• Content Count:  1,911

Ray Rice only had a chance if Rutgers went undefeated and kept him in the national spotlight...  not to mention that Maryland held him to 97 yards...

Pat White and Steve Slaton are aslo out, thanks to USF.  I don't recall any Heisman winners have an "off" week as bad as these guys had.

Finally, Brian Brohm's lackluster performance against NC State might be an anomaly... but he hasn't played the good Big East defenses (USF, WVU, Cincy) yet.

There are quite a few others who have a better chance... McFadden, Woodson, Brennan, Jackson...

Mark Brennan off the list. He threw FIVE INTs against Idaho. Idaho!

• Content Count:  1,433

I can't think of many athletes more deserving than those from the BE.  Tebow?  Florida lost too.  Mike Hart?  Losses to App State and to Oregon (a blow at that).  The Colts....Brennan and McCoy?  No way.  JD Booty?  Not seeing it.  I know i forgot somebody....but still, if Rice, Slaton and White are out so is everybody else.

Archived