• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We have our answer about what they are going to say.......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,479
  • Days Won:  0

ESPN at halftime, asks the question "Is South Florida's win  good for the Big East?" Mark May says no, Scott Van Pelt basically agrees with him However, I'm now a big fan of Lou Holtz because of this. "I think its great, they have another legitimate team. They've beaten WVU 2 years in a row. FSU was a womens college until 1947, they havent been good since 1700s."

• Content Count:  1,532

yeah i just saw that.  i think it is good for the BE... so long as we keep our heads up. 

• Content Count:  86

I gotta admit, up until that halftime show I wasn't a big fan of Lou, but it took some guts to say that.  Of coarse it hurts the Big East as a whole, thats obvious,  WVU was widely considered the creme of the crop, them losing hurts the overall credability of the BE in the FANS eyes, the coaches around the world and the sportswriters on the other hand, seem to be picking up (and should of picked up now) that USF is the real deal.

I know I'm in the minority on this one, but I think its unfair to compare USF to FL/UM/FSU..because those schools have had successful football team for soooo long.  But, its also not fair to say, "Lets compare USF in their 11th year to FL/Um/FSU in their 11th year of football." 

Sadly, I truly thought this would be the W that people finally said, "USF is for real", but it seems to be,  "WVU was overrated", and people are saying it like their teams could stop WVU.  It seemed like, the moment USF knocked off WVU,    Rutgers became "the team to beat".  Fair enough,  but there is a lot of football to be played before USF visits Jersey.  That Rutgers/Cincy game is going to be huge.

• Content Count:  1,981

You missed the best Lou Holtz quote that came out of that FSU comment. May told him (paraphrasing) "Don't tell Lee Corso that", to what Lou replied "I can whip Corso".

• Content Count:  936

I gotta admit, up until that halftime show I wasn't a big fan of Lou, but it took some guts to say that.  Of coarse it hurts the Big East as a whole, thats obvious,  WVU was widely considered the creme of the crop, them losing hurts the overall credability of the BE in the FANS eyes, the coaches around the world and the sportswriters on the other hand, seem to be picking up (and should of picked up now) that USF is the real deal.

I know I'm in the minority on this one, but I think its unfair to compare USF to FL/UM/FSU..because those schools have had successful football team for soooo long.  But, its also not fair to say, "Lets compare USF in their 11th year to FL/Um/FSU in their 11th year of football." 

Sadly, I truly thought this would be the W that people finally said, "USF is for real", but it seems to be,  "WVU was overrated", and people are saying it like their teams could stop WVU.  It seemed like, the moment USF knocked off WVU,    Rutgers became "the team to beat".  Fair enough,  but there is a lot of football to be played before USF visits Jersey.  That Rutgers/Cincy game is going to be huge.

I noticed that too, about Rutgers. On Gamday one of them mentioned that although USF's win was successful, the real truth comes when we play Rutgers.

Funny how first it was Auburn. We won. Then its WVU. We won. Now its Rutgers. Give me a break. Give us some respect for once.

• Content Count:  73

Yeah...and when we beat rutgers they will say the BE was overrated.  Its tough.  Realistically we need to just keep winning for a few more years to get respect.  I think thats why Jim doesnt seem to worry about it too much.  It will happen when it happens and we just have to keep playing like this and will take care of itself.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I didn't see the show or the quote, but if we keep winning, why is it better for WVU to be the top of the Big East rather than USF?  No thought or logic behind it whatsoever.  

I would argue that it is actually better for the BE if USF and Rutgers to be at the top of the conference and in the top 10.  Bigger TV markets and better recruiting.  Both schools are also better stories.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Who give a **** what THEY think.  We know what w know.  We will play your A**** anywhere and beat you.  That is all that matters!

Archived