• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Random thoughts and a question

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  86
  • Days Won:  0

I'm very happy for the Bulls tonight, not only because I'm an alum, but more importantly because this W, without a doubt cannot be taken away from USF.  Many media personal tried to dis-credit the Auburn W-  many fans tried to discredit last years WVU win; however, with tonights win, regardless of how pretty or ugly you feel it is, you can't deny USF.

When you beat a team once, you can call it a fluke, an upset even; however, when you beat a team twice in two consecutive years, its no longer a fluke, its skill.  Now, I know WVU gained almost 500 yards offense, but thats the point. I knew it, USF knew, WVU knew it, we all knew it... nobody can completely shut down WVU, those guys are to good and to talented to be shut down by anybody; however, if you can keep them out of the endzone and get a few breaks, you can win. USF did just that, kept WVU out of the endzone, and got some good plays.

I'd also like to mention the brilliance of playing @ Auburn in week 2. I don't care what Auburn's record is, those boys can play..that defense Auburn has is smash you in the mouth.  While WVU was smacking around lesser talented teams, USF went on the road and got the job done @ Auburn. Confidence does two things, gets you hot girls, and helps bring a team together.  Winning @ Auburn at night was huge,  and I don't care whats said to discredit that W.

Finally, as most of you see, USF has the target squarely on their back. Just go onto any forms, and people from other teams are hinting at that they can beat USF soundly (no, not just UCF..who DO think they'll beat us badly). 

I now pose two questions, one for fun and one for thought.

For fun,  how would UCF do against WVU if the game were played in Orlando?

For thought, at what point do these USF wins stop being classified as "upsets"?  It seems like whenever USF beats anybody with a winning record its an "upset". 

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

1. WVU by about 2-3 touchdowns. It wouldn't be an absolute destruction, but the Knights did let Texas score 38 and I think WVU is faster and much better coached than the 'Horns. Of course, UCF wussed out of their game in Morgantown this year so we'll probably never know.

2. I know, right? That's like eight so-called "upsets" since 2001. After awhile, they aren't upsets anymore. To the media's credit, there seem to be fewer and fewer people using the U-word after each successive win.

• Content Count:  1,165

I don't mind the word "upset", that just means WVU was favored to win (and they were). I do hate the word "shocker" that ESPN has as part of a caption about the game

• Content Count:  398

I don't like "shocker" word either. Of course, unless you're a WVU fan. Then I'm sure your jaw hit the floor.

Archived