• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How long before the "Pat White was injured" excuses?

BJ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

I guess White, Slaton, Devine, and Reynaud must all have been hurt, huh?

All those weapons, so few big plays...

Must have been due to injuries.

Come on now, Slaton had 4.2 YPC this hear, his best average of all three years he's played us  ;D

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

The new excuse on the WVU Rivals board by one of their fans is blaming the turnovers on the humidity causing the players arms to be sweaty.  I guess they didn't sweat in any of the other games.

The reason for the turnovers and the reason for lack of production from Slaton, White Reynaud and Devine was Wally Burnham's game plan and Murphy, Moffitt, Jenkins, Allen and Mckenzie and the guys playing disciplined defense and hitting hard all night.  One other thing that may get missed here.  WVU wanted to run between the tackles last night.  When you have a guy named Richard Clebert that can bench 540 lbs in the middle.  Don't think for a minute that he wasn't an important factor in ******** them down.

It was a great defensive plan and great team play all around.  I just heard Herbstreit say USF didn't do anything spectacular to win.  Well, he's right, but we did play sound, hard hitting FUNDAMENTAL defense by amazing athletes.  Apparently that's not understood by an offensive guy or those SEC fans, a defensive guy like Spielman certainly appreciated it last night.  A lot of people make fun of Lou Holtz, but he understands defensive football and he thought what we did was great.

WVU played bad because we made them look bad.  Plain and simple.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

Yeah, what was with Herbstreit just now?  The question and the scroll was "Is South Florida for real?".  All he did was talk about how bad WVU played.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

The new excuse on the WVU Rivals board by one of their fans is blaming the turnovers on the humidity causing the players arms to be sweaty.

:ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO

Oh man.......I think I just wet myself.

Seriously, that deserves some type of award for creativity right there.

Humidity lost WVU the game.

Classic.

• Content Count:  821
  • Days Won:  2

We had 2 half full rows of couch burners behind us.

Most we O.K., but the excuses started at half time,

• Content Count:  12,293

im sick of every team that we beat insisting that THEY LOST the game rather then we WON IT.

all these WVU fans over on their boards saying they need to fire their coach, etc....

after they hung 50+ on ECU i didnt see any of that. 

• Content Count:  635

so far every excuse i've seen from WVU fans (and UCF fans, hysterically enough) is that WVU gave us the game. i tried to tell them that USF has been forcing many turnovers all year but....this falls on deaf ears.

• Content Count:  1,981

BTW, I just heard on Gameday that Brown was the QB that beat Rutgers last year, so, so much for that other excuse.

• Content Count:  2,118

In my opinion, West Virgina played better with Brown than they did with White.

• Content Count:  349

When they throw the "White was hurt" or the "Maybe Slaton was hurt cause no one can shut him down," I will ask them "What about Devine? What about Schmit? What about Reynauld? What about Brown, who is supposed to replace White when he leaves?" Fact is, we shut them all down. Brown and Devine will be the next White and Slaton duo. Brown isn't as fast, but he's more like a taller Grothe. He's a tall guy, and seemingly a better passer than White. With WVU, if you can figure out how to shut down the run, you got them beat. They don't have a great passing game with White. I think their Passing Offense was ranked something like 100th in the nation? Though White is an efficient passer, he's mostly only thrown to Reynauld, and they haven't thrown that much, relying on their legs to get them through.

Archived