• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Run ins with WVU fans

Velcro

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,528
  • Days Won:  0

the ones i ran into were cool. I didnt have any problem with WVA fan, better than UCF fan any day

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9

After the game, my boyfriend and I were walking back to our car and happened to walk by the band who was on their way to their bus.  My boyfriend (a PROUD band alum) kept yelling, "WOO! GO BAND!!"  Right after that, some WV woman said, "There's nothing but fat and ugly people in the band... that is what band is for... something for fat and ugly people to do."  I was so mad and my boyfriend called her out on it.  She immediately turned into a coward and pretended that she couldn't hear him from a foot away.

It has actually been on my mind all day so I'm really glad that someone started this thread.  I love the band... and what she said couldn't be more untrue! =)  Great job guys!!

• Content Count:  3,087
  • Days Won:  1

I was in Section 151 of the student section (closest lower level student section to the visitor's tunnel) and the worst I saw occurred in Section 102.  Most of 102 was occupied by USF fans, but there was a small pocket of WV fans in the middle.  Well lo and behold, right near the kickoff of the 2nd half one of the older WV fans began to mouth off and flip the bird incessantly at another older USF fan.  From what I can tell, what got the WV guy to shut up was the fact that there was a very young child sitting directly in front of him.

Outside of that, I didn't see much.

After the game, my boyfriend and I were walking back to our car and happened to walk by the band who was on their way to their bus.  My boyfriend (a PROUD band alum) kept yelling, "WOO! GO BAND!!"  Right after that, some WV woman said, "There's nothing but fat and ugly people in the band... that is what band is for... something for fat and ugly people to do."  I was so mad and my boyfriend called her out on it.  She immediately turned into a coward and pretended that she couldn't hear him from a foot away.

Wow, glad I didn't hear that.  I would have seriously given that WVer HELL.  I am also an alumni of the HOT and personally know 4 students in the HOT right now.

• Content Count:  1,479

It has actually been on my mind all day so I'm really glad that someone started this thread.  I love the band... and what she said couldn't be more untrue! =)  Great job guys!!

She really couldnt hear, because she had The Bull ringing in her head still. lol

Sorry that happened, they really did have some horrible fans with  a few nice ones mixed in.

• Content Count:  9,038

I actually saw more USF fans being sh1tty to WVU fans that otherwise.

Still, it always happens on both ends.

• Content Count:  1,235

I was in Section 151 of the student section (closest lower level student section to the visitor's tunnel) and the worst I saw occurred in Section 102.  Most of 102 was occupied by USF fans, but there was a small pocket of WV fans in the middle.  Well lo and behold, right near the kickoff of the 2nd half one of the older WV fans began to mouth off and flip the bird incessantly at another older USF fan.  From what I can tell, what got the WV guy to shut up was the fact that there was a very young child sitting directly in front of him.

Yeah I was in 106 and saw that. That guy got booed pretty heavily.

• Content Count:  1,165

Anyone have them? I had some douche spill my beer right before half time after I just bought it cuz I told him to go home and a few other fans who were drunk and trying to start stuff but for the most part, they took lost good and some of them were actually good people. Although I think one of their fans broke the glass at the top of staircase in section 240 because when we went to go down to the field, it was shattered all over the place.

I will say that they truly travel in numbers.

Yea, I saw that glass after I climbed off the field....anybody see it happen?

• Content Count:  3,078

Wow, glad I didn't hear that.  I would have seriously given that WVer HELL.  I am also an alumni of the HOT and personally know 4 students in the HOT right now.

that was because the douchebag "fan" (I guess he was USF, who knows, he was wearing a green/yellow shirt with corn on it) that was walking around with the "It's all relative sign in WV" was yelling **** at WVU fans...

I was with several WVU fans and the USF fans sitting behind me were being ******** and about got their asses kicked by my group.  Before everyone starts say how bad the WVU fans were, a lot of the USF fans need to look in the mirror.

****, I had some guy who appeared to be cheering for USF get in my girlfriend's face (a USF fan) and tell her "F&ck you" when she told him he had just crushed her foot and spilled our drinks.  That's classy. 

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

We were in the RV parking area next to Himes before the game and surrounded by lots of WVU fans.  We spoke with the ones in the RV next to us and both wished each other luck.  They were very nice before and after the game. I think most everyone from WVU were okay.  A couple of them were lawyers, and all were very nice and acted like professionals.

I did see one group who were getting roudy before the game and one overweight trailer trash WVU fan with a WVU jersey on was flipping all of the fans off as they when through the parking area before the game began.  So I said to myself, if this is how you represent, your group are hillbillies.  All in all, though, they seemed to be the exception.

After the game was over, and we were heading out of the stadium, I was dissapointed at the USF fans going down the ramps and heckling WVU fans.  They knew they had been beaten and already felt bad.  Nothing wrong with go USF chants, or Green Gold, but no need for insults to opposing fans who have just lost a game, especially since they were not doing anything wrong.  I hate to see ignorant fans on either side of the game W or L, but take people and add alcohol, and you will get a few in every crowd....

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Yeah I was in 106 and saw that. That guy got booed pretty heavily.

Was that the guy who had half the student section chanting "You suck!" at him?

Archived