• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

WVU is scared!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Days Won:  0

I've been cruising numerous boards recently and the elephant in the room is that WVU's fans are scared. They are scared that we will usurp their program's "rightful place" as the Big East favorite.  WVstatecamp1990, this board's most delusional poster, said "This is a reality check to you all, the pecking order is and has been established... time for you boys to remember your roll is somewhere in the middle.  Just below UofL." He thinks he is being condescending, but it's nothing more than fear. Fear of what this program is and fear of what it will become.

The fact is WVU fans have an inferiority complex when it comes to the state of Florida. They played second fiddle to Miami for years and I'm certain that couches are still smoldering in celebration of Miami's exit from the Big East. They want national recognition and respect, they just don't want to compete for it. They wish we would roll over for them; they wish we were Southern Miss. They like being the big boy on the block and they are mortified that they will have to fight a strong team in a strong recruiting area year after year.

Make no mistake Bulls fans, WVU will always have strong teams. Our games will always be a battle, neither of these teams will ever roll over. The difference is we want both teams strong on game day and they, and yes I'm talking to you WVUstatechamp1990, imagine scenarios where our starters get injured so that can win their games. FINISH STRONG!, we say. What do I hear from WVU fans? I hear a lot of trash talk and bravado about how we don't belong where we are. You are not fooling me WVU fan, I can see those beads of sweat on your forehead!

Go Bulls!

• Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

Fan bravado and player bravado are 2 different things.  Remember, like gaynesville or other SEC type places, WVU is the biggest show in town.

• Content Count:  17
  • Days Won:  0

I agree. I put the emphasis on their fans because no one on either roster is overlooking this game. It will be a fight this year, and i believe for a long time to come. Its funny because most Bulls fans on various message boards talk about it being a tight game with one team or the other winning by 3-10 points. Most Neers fans, on those same boards, talk about blow outs and the game being a 30+ point margin. They are "respectful" enough to give us 7-21 points.

Granted not all the fans spout off like this, but i just wanted to remind the ones that do that, like it or not, we are serious competition . We might not "deserve" to be their equals, but here we are. Win or lose, the Bulls are not going away.

Archived