• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Student Ticket Policy - IMPORTANT FOR STUDENTS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

per Greg's Blog

September 19, 2007

Student tickets upped to 12,000

In response to strong student turnout at USF's home opener against Elon, the Bulls have taken a big step to allow a greater student presence at Raymond James Stadium, bumping the student section up from 8,000 seats to 12,000 seats.

USF students are allowed one free ticket to each home game, and there are now 4,000 new upper-level seats available for spillover from the end-zone seats where students have sat in the past. Companion tickets are still available at the same price and will count toward the 12,000-seat total.

The news comes three days before USF's home game against North Carolina, with another huge game looming on Sept. 28 against No. 5 West Virginia. USF expects a crowd of about 40,000 for UNC, but the West Virginia game could draw 60,000 or more, easily breaking USF's home attendance record.

Posted by Greg Auman at 7:22:10 PM on September 19, 2007 |

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,307

Since when have student attendance been capped anyway?  ALL students pay fees, therefore ALL students, even if it EXCEEEDS 12k, should be let in.

I think there should be a separate section for students that get companion tickets.

I don't know why they are saying they will have a cap when no student will/can't be turned away.  I think this is all just some crazy marketing scheme so that students will get there early.

Since when have student attendance been capped anyway?  ALL students pay fees, therefore ALL students, even if it EXCEEEDS 12k, should be let in.

I think there should be a separate section for students that get companion tickets.

I don't know why they are saying they will have a cap when no student will/can't be turned away.  I think this is all just some crazy marketing scheme so that students will get there early.

Well, no.

Consider, if 15,000 students wanted to go to a basketball game, the Sun Dome seats less than 11,000 ... what happens then?

The "free tickets" have always been limited, but we are only now getting to the point where those limits can actually be reached.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

All students have never been guranteed a seat at every USF sporting event.  I think there are around 40,000 students.  If all 40,000 show up for a basketball or baseball game then they are not getting in.  It is no different from having a theme park pass, if the park reaches capacity you don't get in.  Not sure why you think that students can't be turned away.

• Content Count:  2,307

Basketball is different...there's only so many seats.  Ray Jay has tons of room.  Let's be honest, we know 40k students won't show up.  What if 15-20k wanted to go?  There's room in the stadium...

Maybe one day we'll need to start the lottery and limiting tickets, I don't think we're there just yet.

• Content Count:  1,165

Basketball is different...there's only so many seats.  Ray Jay has tons of room.  Let's be honest, we know 40k students won't show up.  What if 15-20k wanted to go?  There's room in the stadium...

Maybe one day we'll need to start the lottery and limiting tickets, I don't think we're there just yet.

The 12,000 is probably not a hard cap for the UNC game, where there IS more seating available, for for games like WV......if it's sold out,, if 20k students show up, where exactly are they going to seat the extre 8,000 students?  Where is this imaginary room you speak up?

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Basketball isn't different, because there is a max capacity for RayJay too.  And we may just hit it for the WVU game. 

The UNC game, no we won't hit it, but the WVU?  I'll go out on a limb and say some students WILL be turned away.  Get your tix early. 

• Content Count:  339

and there is limited seating in Ray Jay if they don't decide to open the upper deck before the game.  they can't just decide to open it last minute when they see how many students show up.

• Content Count:  157

Students at FSU, UF, AU, Tenn. all pay fees for sports just like USF and only a small group get football tickets. In fact I remember correctly my UF friends use to have to request season tickets before the season and they paid a small fee for them each year. Most of the time freshman wouldn't even get them. Now this was about 7 years ago when my friends went so it could be different.

But just b/c you are student and pay tuition doesn't mean you see football live!

• Content Count:  695

I guess i'm going to have to go to the Sun Dome to get tickets during the week, or show up really early to Ray Jay. There is no way I am missing this West Virginia game.

Archived