• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tomahawk Nation: USF Calling FSU Out?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,004
  • Days Won:  38

I don't think this is calling them out.  I think he is just saying it would be cool to actually play FSU for a BCS bowl.  The Florida implications alone would make it a big one.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think Grothe was calling them out.  He was just expressing his want to play them. I think it would be a great game.  

I think the "natives" in Tallahassee are growing a little restless about us.  Especially since their own team's offense has been floundering for over half a decade now.  I don't know about you, but when I watched that UAB game it didn't appear that Bobby was having fun anymore.  What do you guys think?  

Is this a bit of fear we're starting to smell now out of Tally?

• Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

When I watch FSU play, I honestly wonder if Bobby even knows where he is.  God love him, he always seems to have that "what the hell just happened" look.  I think it started after one of the missed FG's vs Miami.  Never forget the look on his face when he thought that the kick was good, but in fact it was not.

Btw, that Colorado game was painful to watch.

• Content Count:  2,363

I don't see it as a call-out either, but if that's what FSU needs to believe, than hear what you want. Knuck if you buck, Noles.

• Content Count:  3,307

It's more likely that USF's and FSU's paths would cross in the Meineke Bowl or the Gator Bowl. But the odds are pretty good that USF would play either them or Miami in a bowl since there are three of them where a Big East and ACC team would meet up (assuming the Orange Bowl does what they did last year).

• Content Count:  1,260

Hmm...looks to me that the Seminoles are no lock for a bowl at this point...maybe we should wait for them to get their 6 wins before calling them out  ;D

If not during a bowl game..DW should offer them a 2 for 1...two trips to Tampa might help jump start there recruiting.... :D

• Content Count:  19,229

Hmm...looks to me that the Seminoles are no lock for a bowl at this point...maybe we should wait for them to get their 6 wins before calling them out  ;D

If not during a bowl game..DW should offer them a 2 for 1...two trips to Tampa might help jump start there recruiting.... :D

We aren't a lock, yet, either.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,554
  • Days Won:  29

USF Calling FSU Out?

Note the question mark ... and remember, editors make the headlines and may times it is to get you to read it, not an actual "title".

• Content Count:  291

I don't see it as calling them out, just that since they don't wanna schedule us then he wants a crack in a bowl game. Plus it would be huge for us.

• Content Count:  2,567

USF Calling FSU Out?

Note the question mark ... and remember, editors make the headlines and may times it is to get you to read it, not an actual "title".

True.  But the writer did include the sentence:

Meanwhile Taurus Johnson didn't call FSU out, but he had a little fun with our rivals in the South...

Which would imply that Grothe called FSU out w/ his comments.

Archived