What's New
  • USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

Tomahawk Nation: USF Calling FSU Out?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  0

http://www.tomahawknation.com/story/2007/9/19/113026/440

USF Calling FSU Out?

By nafselon Section: Football

Posted on Wed Sep 19, 2007 at 11:30:26 AM EDT

Matt Grothe, a Lake Gibson alum (like myself) and the starting quarterback at USF might have done a little bit of a bait during the Bulls' press conference this week.

"Doesn't the ACC winner play the Big East winner in a bowl game?'' he asked. "I'm kind of pulling for Florida State to win the ACC, if we win the BIG EAST I would like play against them in the bowl game."

Well, thanks for the wishes Matt, but FSU playing in a BCS Bowl doesn't seem too likely right now.

Meanwhile Taurus Johnson didn't call FSU out, but he had a little fun with our rivals in the South...

"I already thought we were in the Big 3," he said. "I didn't know Miami was still there."

Ouch.

Speaking of the Hurricanes, SBN's official Miami Hurricanes blog Hall of Canes is open and ready for business. Walter is a good friend of mine so stop by and give him a Seminole greeting!

---

Funny. WOULD LOVE TO SEE USF Play FSU. Would be FANTASTIC.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,066

I would like to see this game too...It would be a bitter sweet game for me since I'm going to Grad School at FSU.

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  84

Not sure how that is "Calling FSU Out"

Agreed. I couldn't find it either.

Is that really calling the Noles out?  I don't see it in Grothe's comments.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

I would love to whoop the noles. They're to scared to play us. But if we meet up with them in a bowl game, that means we didn't do as well as I hope for. Maybe in a few years when they build there program back up. Then they'll be like UCF wanting to play us. Calling us out.

• Content Count:  1,165

USF Calling FSU Out?

Matt Grothe, a Lake Gibson alum (like myself) and the starting quarterback at USF might have done a little bit of a bait during the Bulls' press conference this week.

"Doesn't the ACC winner play the Big East winner in a bowl game?'' he asked. "I'm kind of pulling for Florida State to win the ACC, if we win the BIG EAST I would like play against them in the bowl game."

Well, thanks for the wishes Matt, but FSU playing in a BCS Bowl doesn't seem too likely right now.

Meanwhile Taurus Johnson didn't call FSU out, but he had a little fun with our rivals in the South...

"I already thought we were in the Big 3," he said. "I didn't know Miami was still there."

Ouch.

Speaking of the Hurricanes, SBN's official Miami Hurricanes blog Hall of Canes is open and ready for business. Walter is a good friend of mine so stop by and give him a Seminole greeting!

---

I would love to see this game as well. I grew up a Noles fan, and still like to see them do well, but I'm 100% USDA certified beef.

• Content Count:  2,379

Maybe the mere suggestion that we would like to play on the same field as a team w/ such tradition is seen as calling them out. 

Now if Grothe had said something like "I'd really like to play that <enter your choice of "clown" or "all-girls" here> college up the road in Tallahassee in a bowl game" I could understand them thinking USF was "calling FSU out."

• Content Count:  936

USF Calling FSU Out?

Ouch.

---

I would love to see this game as well. I grew up a Noles fan, and still like to see them do well, but I'm 100% USDA certified beef.

Same here.

Archived