• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Program Growth: What can season ticket holders expect?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  20,998
  • Days Won:  38

I had a few questions and I was wondering if some of the people in the know could provide some good guesses.  Mainly it involves season ticket holders and what kind of changes may happen.

1.  OCS:  If (more like when) USF were to move to an OCS, how would the older season ticket holders be protected?  For example, I have front row seats.  The seating chart will not be the same.  I have an unfortunate friend who has UM season tickets and they are telling me they are getting screwed when they move over to the new stadium because of their donor level.

2.  Milking:  Outside of normal ticket price increases, is it possible that we will eventually start seeing crazy donations required?  Does this typically happen or do these organizations typically look out for the people who supported them when no one wanted to come?

I ask this because I am 100% confident that the success is going to keep coming for this program and I have a feeling they are going to change stadiums like people on here are predicting.  I am seeing attendance levels going up even for the smaller games.  I am curious what is going to happen now that the bandwagon floodgates have been opened...

• Content Count:  20,998
  • Days Won:  38

I wouldn't start panicking just yet.

I am not in a panic, I am just curious because I am surprised I was actually able to get seats this good when I did.  I am waiting for "reality" to set in.  :D

I'll do just about anything to keep the seats I have.

Of course it isn't a guarantee, I am just wondering how these things generally progress.  Ten years from now, I can probably also afford to donate more so a general increase is not an issue. 

I am just wondering how these things generally progress in college sports compared to other things. 

Seriously though, I am 100% confident in this team and eventually everyone in the area is going to figure out what they have been missing and I think that time is now.  I think the projected attendance is going to be higher than people expect.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I had a few questions and I was wondering if some of the people in the know could provide some good guesses.  Mainly it involves season ticket holders and what kind of changes may happen.

1.  OCS:  If (more like when) USF were to move to an OCS, how would the older season ticket holders be protected?  For example, I have front row seats.  The seating chart will not be the same.  I have an unfortunate friend who has UM season tickets and they are telling me they are getting screwed when they move over to the new stadium because of their donor level.

2.  Milking:  Outside of normal ticket price increases, is it possible that we will eventually start seeing crazy donations required?  Does this typically happen or do these organizations typically look out for the people who supported them when no one wanted to come?

I ask this because I am 100% confident that the success is going to keep coming for this program and I have a feeling they are going to change stadiums like people on here are predicting.  I am seeing attendance levels going up even for the smaller games.  I am curious what is going to happen now that the bandwagon floodgates have been opened...

Here are my opinions... take nothing here as gospel.

1)  The athletic department will do whatever it can to make sure you get good seats if you have good seats now.  However... upon a stadium move, there would likely be some shuffling of seats, and that plays into your question 2.

2)  Yes, you will likely see higher and higher donation levels.  I think you'll still see plenty of seats available for lower levels, or even no donation seats, but the best seats will likely keep increasing in donation level, just as they have from the very first game to now.

These are growing pains.

As long as we are in RayJay, i believe you are locked in your seat until YOU want to give it up.

I don't think that translates if we leave RJS though.

Again, don't take my word on it.  Just opinion.

• Content Count:  701
  • Days Won:  0

as long as i can get the same number of seats i have in the 1st level i'll be happy!

• Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

As with away game seating, and even when we moved from th ol' sombrero,

MONEY TALKS.

The more you spend/donate now, the better chance you have of good seats when we move again.

It's all done on the donor level and a point system that I don't understand.

GO BULLS!

FINISH STRONG!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,554
  • Days Won:  29

The more you spend/donate now, the better chance you have of good seats when we move again.

It's all done on the donor level and a point system that I don't understand.

http://bullsclub.usf.edu/bullsclub/Priority%20Points.asp

Archived