• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

To Do List..?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Good job guys! I think if we get a GREEN GOLD and/or FINISH STRONG this will be a huge success.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  0

Agreed. I think that suggestion will be the easiest to execute. Hopefully, in time, we'll be able to accomplish all of them.

If we could get towels by the WVU game, that would be GIGANTIC!

Hopefully we can have the GREEN/GOLD by UNC. I think that would help in it being louder, more often, and over all better if we got a few under our belt.

That being said, the question is now in which direction does this go back and forth? End zone to end zone or across the 50 yard line?

Update. Reply from Bill McGillis.

Steve - wanted to get back to you right away(between meetings today) without yet having the opportunity to think through everything you've brought forward.  Thanks for taking charge of some great ideas.  We need a lot of things to go"viral" and build momentum through the online community - not necessarily originated from or led by our office.  The grass roots initiatives that can take place online can no doubt be powerful.

We have a lot of things brewing right now and we'll kick some of these things around internally, per Eric's message.  If we have something to share, we'll bounce it back to you.  FYI...Ayo is the point person on our department's marketing initiatives.

Keep spreading the word; we appreciate your strong support!

Bill

So my next question. Should we next proceed to contact someone at the media with our thoughts? I.e. The Oracle, St Pete Times, and Tampa Tribune? Perhaps even just for the green out alone.

• Content Count:  19,229

Gotta love having such a great and responsive athletic department/Bullsclub.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I am on board to help, not sure what I can do from over in Orlando, but let me know.

As for the bracelets, someone in Marketing will need to give the "bracelet point person" (whoever that may be) permission to use the iconic U. Anyone can get the FINISH STRONG ordered, but it would be awesome to have the logo also. I would personally like to see USF selling them and the proceeds going to Jeff Wagner's chosen charity, but I am sure there are other ways to make that happen without USF involvement (other than getting the Logo). Ebay comes to mind.

Finally, emails should probably be going to Chris Freet also (SID), he is in charge of the press releases, and can help get the word to all media outlets. I am sure there are dozens of news papers on their list to send info to. A blurb could be added to the game notes, etc.

Gotta love having such a great and responsive athletic department/Bullsclub.

No doubt.. I'm extremely excited about the support from the staff..

I am on board to help, not sure what I can do from over in Orlando, but let me know.

As for the bracelets, someone in Marketing will need to give the "bracelet point person" (whoever that may be) permission to use the iconic U. Anyone can get the FINISH STRONG ordered, but it would be awesome to have the logo also. I would personally like to see USF selling them and the proceeds going to Jeff Wagner's chosen charity, but I am sure there are other ways to make that happen without USF involvement (other than getting the Logo). Ebay comes to mind.

Finally, emails should probably be going to Chris Freet also (SID), he is in charge of the press releases, and can help get the word to all media outlets. I am sure there are dozens of news papers on their list to send info to. A blurb could be added to the game notes, etc.

Good thought on contacting Chris Freet. We could shoot him a quick email. Is he with athletics?

As far as the bracelets.. I will try and see if I can get some costs from some promotional companies. If we can't get a quick enough response out of athletics/marketing, we could just create one with the "U". Obviously WITH the U would make more sense; and we really do need their support to move forward.

I'm sure this will eventually have it's on thread as people find out about it... but, I think it belongs here.

Oracle article:

http://media.www.usforacle.com/media/storage/paper880/news/2007/09/19/Sports/Football.Fans.Prepare.For.Green.Day-2977653.shtml

Archived