• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

To Do List..?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  0

So I've been watching and participating in some threads in here in the last few days that have had some FANTASTIC ideas to increase spirit, fan base, and support for the team on and off the field. I think we need to compile these ideas, and make them happen. I have no problem being involved, but just not sure where to start. I'll review these ideas. Let me know if I'm missing anything.

• Advertise Green Out: ALL Green clothing at games, especially Home Games
  • Chants: FINISH/STRONG, and GREEN/GOLD: With the latest article on "USF's Biggest Fan", I really feel FINISH/STRONG will have a GIGANTIC impact on both the players, AND the fans.
  • FINISH STRONG bracelets for fans? Either FREE or funds from bracelets to support Jeff Wagner? Just a thought
  • Green and Gold Towels to wave during game; similar to NFL games and other college teams (i.e. Penn State)
  • Engage city to participate in green lighting on/in buildings during home games downtown; etc

This was what I could remember. I really feel all of these ideas would positively impact the team and the fans for USF. Our team is young enough that we can still establish some fantastic traditions that some of the larger schools currently have (i.e. Auburn) that would increase performance, attendance, and support.

What do you guys think? Anyone want to partner up on this?

FINISH STRONG!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,461

I'll partner up on the FINISH STRONG bracelets... Any ideas on where we need to start (or I'll just shoot out some emails)?

I think communication will be important first and foremost.

My thoughts:

• Contacting Athletic Department
  • Contacting local press and media (for articles and stories to help publicize the new ideas; The PR could help find some willing to donate time, money, or services
  • Contacting Student Government

If anyone has a contact at the athletic department, let me know. I'll start communicating with them on our thoughts.

EDIT:

http://www.gousfbulls.com/StaffDirectory.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&KEY=

Hmm. Where to start.

• Content Count:  2,461

If anyone has a contact at the athletic department, let me know. I'll start communicating with them on our thoughts.

EDIT:

http://www.gousfbulls.com/StaffDirectory.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&KEY=

Hmm. Where to start.

Well, I was just about to send an email to Eric Soncrant, he's on the boards a lot... I'll let you take that if you want to go for it. Perhaps he knows who produced them and can give a contact name. Let me know if you need any help.

OK - Email sent to Eric per your suggestion; and I also sent an email to Darlene. She is the receptionist and perhaps she has some suggestions on who to contact..

Reply from Eric already!

Hi Steve:

I've seen the threads and have sent the links to our folks in the past week.  I'll take your suggestions and bring them to our collective groups attention.  It will take some coordination between Bulls Club, marketing's, and our ISP partners to make some of this happen.  The bracelets might be best utilized as part of our efforts with Moffitt.  I'll run some things through some people.

Also, on the green out, we are planning on starting a new tradition for the WVU game.  More details will come out next week but it will fit in.  We are meeting with student leaders tomorrow night.  Thanks for the great ideas and I'll let you know what we think we can accomplish.

Eric C. Soncrant

Assistant Athletic Director

Executive Director - USF Bulls Club

Thanks for the help and support Eric. Hopefully we can make some of these thoughts a reality.

Continues..

Steve:

For all of your ideas the best thing to do is let Ayo Taylor-Dixon and Bill McGillis know your thoughts and ideas.  I've already forwarded your earlier email to them and hope to discuss later today.  Liisa happens to be my wife and I have already let her know there is a desire to bring the Green and Gold chant back but it wasn't her decision to stop doing it.  They already have the signs (they are currently sitting in my living room at home) for that chant.  The Finish Strong signs can be made if she is given the go ahead from the above folks.

Let me know if I can be of any help and I'll keep you posted on what I find out.

Eric C. Soncrant

Assistant Athletic Director

Executive Director - USF Bulls Club

Update: Email written to Bill McGillis and Ayodele Taylor-Dixon to follow up on Eric's forward and to ensure they heard from me. Will continue to update thread.

Archived