• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UNC or Duke, what's the difference?

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Days Won:  0

so you've never heard of T.J. Yates??? wow that's a first......

901 passing yards..9 TD's..and 3 int's

i think if our defense stops yall all hell will be unleashed on the USF bulls....

Nope we've heard of him but your lil girlfriend said no one knows who Grothe is which is just absurd as you can see from the accolades he has and hes only a redshirt sophomore.  Also we will be the best secondary he faces all season that INT total very well could double tomorrow. 

first of all i only heard of grothe just this week..no offense..never heard of him besides that and from what i heard yates has somewhere betwen 300-400+(maybe500) more passing yards as grother..as a freshman...( and this is coming from memory but i heard grother has like 564 or 654 passing yards????)

and UVA put plenty of pressure on yates and only threw one INT...i believe

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  157

No kidding 901 passing yards, prob because you average 79 rushing yards a game. And he did that against the vaunted secondary of JMU, ECU, and UVA.

Look I haven't seen him play and he may really turn out to the be the real deal, but like Dozer said our secondary is lights out. Before you say it Tarheelblue they are nationally recognized. You know the guy with a hair that doesn't move, Mel Kiper, refers to our corners as the best in the country.

Look for Selvie and the gang to get at yates early and often, and if you have to rely on the air to move the ball look for at least 3 picks.

No kidding 901 passing yards, prob because you average 79 rushing yards a game. And he did that against the vaunted secondary of JMU, ECU, and UVA.

Look I haven't seen him play and he may really turn out to the be the real deal, but like Dozer said our secondary is lights out. Before you say it Tarheelblue they are nationally recognized. You know the guy with a hair that doesn't move, Mel Kiper, refers to our corners as the best in the country.

Look for Selvie and the gang to get at yates early and often, and if you have to rely on the air to move the ball look for at least 3 picks.

yeah we did that on a UVA squad that returned something like 16-18 starters..most on defense, and ECU is no joke..and if we rely on the passing game look for yats to pass for 350+ yards this game

and if we rely on the passing game look for yats to pass for 350+ yards this game

:ROFLMAO haha... not a chance that happens.

• Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

so you've never heard of T.J. Yates??? wow that's a first......

901 passing yards..9 TD's..and 3 int's

i think if our defense stops yall all hell will be unleashed on the USF bulls....

Nope we've heard of him but your lil girlfriend said no one knows who Grothe is which is just absurd as you can see from the accolades he has and hes only a redshirt sophomore.  Also we will be the best secondary he faces all season that INT total very well could double tomorrow. 

first of all i only heard of grothe just this week..no offense..never heard of him besides that and from what i heard yates has somewhere betwen 300-400+(maybe500) more passing yards as grother..as a freshman...( and this is coming from memory but i heard grother has like 564 or 654 passing yards????)

and UVA put plenty of pressure on yates and only threw one INT...i believe

I guess you missed last year's game.  Grothe was the QB in USF's 37-20 victory in Chapel Hill.  Where were you in your baby blue?  By the way, losing to the Putrid Purple Pirates means that you really should have nothing negative to say about USF.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

yeah we did that on a UVA squad that returned something like 16-18 starters..most on defense, and ECU is no joke..and if we rely on the passing game look for yats to pass for 350+ yards this game

wow you guys really have no clue what you are in for.  Mike Jenkins is the top senior corner in this years draft (per mel kiper jr) and Trae williams was a all Be selection and picked off 7 balls last year.  Get familiar with the name George Selvie as he will be all over yates and in the backfield wreaking havoc all game long.  Also we are a top 20 defense in the nation and were a top 25 defense last year.  We returned the majority of our starters and added an all big 12 LB who was top 10 in the nation in tackles last year.  We will be one of the best defenses you face all year and the best secondary you face all year.  Please familiarize yourself with our defense before your make an ass out of yourself any further.

cfn.scout.com/2/665782.html

We own ECU.

George Selvie leads the country in sacks (5.5) and tackles for loss (9.5) ... Jerome Murphy is third in yards per kick return (37.0) ...  Mike Ford is tied for ninth in scoring, which is ranked on a per game scale (12.0) ... Nate Allen is third in the country with an average of 1.0 interceptions per game ... USF is fourth in turnover margin (+5), 16th in fumbles recovered (4) ... USF is second in tackles for loss (11 per game) and second in defensive third down efficiency, only allow opponents to succeed 17.7 percent of the time ...  USF is also 18th in rushing defense (79.0) and total defense (274.5).

I still can get over you think Yates will have 350+ yards.

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=37319&SPID=2981&DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=1243675

ok wow good job what you did last year to this UNC team means..pretty much NOTHING we are an entirely new team this year..we should be 3-0 if we didn't have many freshman brainfarts....

people around here are starting to sound like the 'ole cocks over here in columbia

and you think selvie is better than chriss long that stud DE from UVA??? ********

wow you guys really have no clue what you are in for.  Mike Jenkins is the top senior corner in this years draft (per mel kiper jr) and Trae williams was a all Be selection and picked off 7 balls last year.  Get familiar with the name George Selvie as he will be all over yates and in the backfield wreaking havoc all game long.  Also we are a top 20 defense in the nation and were a top 25 defense last year.  We returned the majority of our starters and added an all big 12 LB who was top 10 in the nation in tackles last year.  We will be one of the best defenses you face all year and the best secondary you face all year.  Please familiarize yourself with our defense before your make an ass out of yourself any further.

cfn.scout.com/2/665782.html

Shhh, do not tell them that.  Then we can watch the looks on their faces when their heros are getting shut down.  Did any of their fans watch last year's game?  If they did, they would at least know that USF has a decent defense.

Archived