• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Beef Studs/Auburn Trip

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,165
  • Days Won:  0

I dunno, I have kind of a sour taste in my mouth about the beef studs after what I witnessed at a few games last year, which was sad to me because I really liked the organization a few years ago when Brandon was in charge. They just seemed to change a bit after he left.

As for this specific issue, I don't know enough about it to have an intelligent opinion.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

If they could simply teach them some other phrase than dropping F-bombs with nearly every sentence I personnaly wouldn't have a problem with them at all.

GO BULLS!

FINISH STRONG!

• Content Count:  545

In the past, Student Bulls Club had a lot of problems with the Beef Studs.  That being said this year has been good between the two groups.  The Beef Studs have been showing up to everything (volleyball, soccer, and football)

Obviously if they received this money then there is a problem but Faza said that they did not even get the money.  I'm going to let the whole story come out and then pass a judgment on this but until then I hope to see the Studs at Soccer Friday night, and the football on Saturday.

• Content Count:  936

I'm not educated on this one to have an opinion; but I don't want to see the Beef Studs go away.

• Content Count:  1,457

Scandal in Washington

Scandal in Tallahassee

Scandal in Tampa......

whoop teee doooo!

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

wow.

• Content Count:  1,158

Here's  my solution to the problem.....

FAZA must come back to USF!!!  No arguments Brandon, just get back here and enroll.  ;)

Eric

• Content Count:  771

If you want the truth from the source, here I go.

In the general allocation for the 2007/2008 school year, the Beef Studs were allocated monies to travel to Auburn. It was our hopes to help in subsidizing a block of 5 rooms for 2 nights in Opelika for members of not only the Beef Studs, but other organizations to attend as well. I met with leadership of the Beef Studs and other registered student organizations in trying to best facilitate this. We saw that we were allocated nearly $2,400 in the general allocation process. So what better way to help get more students up to Auburn than pay for a larger portion of the hotel rooms. That was the mindset behind the transfer request that was written. It followed all guidelines and was approved by the student comptroller.

In the committee, I presented the request to the members and they were the ones who had the final say if the transfer was to be processed or not. All of the members agreed and I placed my initials on the document and proceeded with numerous other tranasfer requests as well as setting other budgets for other student organizations.

If you would like to ask me any other questions on why items passes and what not, then feel free to do so via pm.

Matt.

• Content Count:  7,890

I'd rather have the Beef Studs on campus than not at all. Hell, I even tried to join last year but everything was so disorganized that I gave up.

That because last year MOST of them were drunk off their ass  >:D

• Content Count:  2,523

If you want the truth from the source, here I go.

In the general allocation for the 2007/2008 school year, the Beef Studs were allocated monies to travel to Auburn. It was our hopes to help in subsidizing a block of 5 rooms for 2 nights in Opelika for members of not only the Beef Studs, but other organizations to attend as well. I met with leadership of the Beef Studs and other registered student organizations in trying to best facilitate this. We saw that we were allocated nearly $2,400 in the general allocation process. So what better way to help get more students up to Auburn than pay for a larger portion of the hotel rooms. That was the mindset behind the transfer request that was written. It followed all guidelines and was approved by the student comptroller.

In the committee, I presented the request to the members and they were the ones who had the final say if the transfer was to be processed or not. All of the members agreed and I placed my initials on the document and proceeded with numerous other tranasfer requests as well as setting other budgets for other student organizations.

If you would like to ask me any other questions on why items passes and what not, then feel free to do so via pm.

Matt.

I've had fraternity brothers in your position in the past and what you and Fazza are saying is 100% correct.  This is just another incident of the Oracle doing crappy research before reporting and inciting the general student body to react on misinformation about something they have no clue about. 

It's funny how so many at USF want to take down those who give their time and money to participate in activities which actually make USF a more attractive place to go to college.  Nothing recruits students more than a great college atmosphere and it seems like the mission of some is to kill it as much as possible.

Sorry you had to resign, Matt, seems a lot of that is happening these days over "minor" instances that were given the equivalent of the death penalty for a speeding ticket...

Archived