What's New
  • USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

Capogna & Huners Practices, Black "Finish Strong" Wristbands

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,498
  • Days Won:  6

Gotta love gems from the Trib...

INJURY REPORT: Offensive linemen Nick Capogna (knee), Matt Huners (knee) and Danny Tolley (groin) practiced but aren't expected to play Saturday.

BAND OF BULLS: USF coaches and players are now sporting black wristbands with the words "Finish Strong" on them.

The bands are in honor of 44-year-old leukemia patient (and USF grad) Jeff Wagner, whose "Finish Strong" motto was used by the Bulls for inspiration during their overtime win at Auburn on Sept 8.

Read More

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  12,291
  • Days Won:  0

having those guys practice and not playing kinda gives you some insight on what the coaching staff really thinks about north carolina....

i love the wrist band idea...i wonder if they are going to make them available to fans

• Content Count:  2,461

I think it would be awesome if these were available to fans...

Does anyone have any idea who we might contact about this?

• Content Count:  936

Read the forums guys!

http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=37694.0

I'd imagine we'd have to get the AD involved; and a 3rd party company that would be willing to participate in this (i.e. bullsheaven? local promotions company?)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  18,378
  • Days Won:  36

having those guys practice and not playing kinda gives you some insight on what the coaching staff really thinks about north carolina....

I don't think that is it at all. Practicing doesn't mean ready to play in a game necessarily. My guessis that they are just getting back into the flow of things. I don't see that as some gesture indicating we can blo UNC out without these guys.

I sure would like to see Huners back out there this season--- watching him get hurt during the spring game sucked.

• Content Count:  19,393
  • Days Won:  24

Pretty easy to do.  I wonder if one of the local Bulls merchandisers would want to buy some to sell:

http://www.reminderband.com/

• Content Count:  19,393
  • Days Won:  24

Read the forums guys!

http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=37694.0

I'd imagine we'd have to get the AD involved; and a 3rd party company that would be willing to participate in this (i.e. bullsheaven? local promotions company?)

I don't know if the AD would need to be involved unless the Bulls logo is used.  I think setting it up as a fundraiser would be a great way to go.  (But I'm not sure how to go about it.)

• Content Count:  4,493

I don't think that is it at all. Practicing doesn't mean ready to play in a game necessarily. My guessis that they are just getting back into the flow of things. I don't see that as some gesture indicating we can blo UNC out without these guys.

I sure would like to see Huners back out there this season--- watching him get hurt during the spring game sucked.

I think you are right Mike.  Least we forget the most important thing is still to win the BE and we haven't played a conference game yet.  Still a long season.

• Content Count:  7,890

as well as Capogna I was starting to think that it was ACL but if he is out there practicing then maybe a MCL 

Archived