• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My Letter to the Mayor's Office

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

if Rutgers can get the Empire State Building or Chrysler Building (two of the most regognizable buildings in the world), whichever one it was, to turn on the scarlett lights, we should be able to get this Suntrust building deal done.

I agree with MAB, let's get the gold in there too.

• Content Count:  159

This is an awesome idea (my own letter pending). I know this was asked previously but I have not heard any response if anyone who has sent a letter has heard any response?

As a card carrying Life Member of the USF Alumni Association I thought it might be a good idea to get them involved as well. I just left a voicemail for Merrell Dickey talking about what we are trying to get going here. Merrell is in charge of Chapter & Corporate Relations for the Alumni Association and as such I would expect that he has some connections with the local Tampa corporations. I am happy to put his information in this post along with a few other key people there who may be able to help influence this issue. The way I figure it, having our Alumni Association pushing for it doesn't hurt. Between them, the Mayor's office and perhaps Judy Genshafts office we should see some results!

Here is contact information for those who wish to help!

mdickey@admin.usf.edu Merrell Dickey, 813-974-8842, Director of Chapter & Corporate Relations

acrist@admin.usf.edu Angela Crist, 813-974-4802, Head of Alumni Programs

jharper@admin.usf.edu John Harper, 813-974-1868, Executive Director (i.e. Head Honcho for Alumni Association)

Let's send them the message loud and clear Alumni & Students alike! We want Tampa Bay to show their pride and let EVERYONE know, this is [glow=green,2,300]BULL'S COUNTRY!!![/glow]

• Content Count:  446

Here's what I have from SunTrust Marketing:

Hi Lance,

Unfortunately we only lease space in the building and have no control over the top.  We’ve tried to get them to change colors before to no avail.  I’m happy to pass along a contact person for the building and maybe they can help.  Her name is Arlene Moss.  Email: AMoss@windrp.com  Phone number I have is 813.222.8824

Good luck

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

I think all traffic lights should be left on GREEN in our honor. 

• Content Count:  385

Call into Leavitt's show on Thursday and see if we can't get him to start pushing it too.  Everyone needs to be talking about it if it is going to get done. 

• Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

I think all traffic lights should be left on GREEN in our honor. 

Maybe they could leave both the green and yellow lights on at the same time.

• Content Count:  12,293

as much of an economic gain that these coorporations get from having USF in Tampa (drawing new professors, admins, students, and alum) to this area you would think they would have a vested interested in increasing USF's national awareness.

lets hope we see some support back/.

• Content Count:  7,493
  • Days Won:  10

We are a tenant of an entire floor in the SunTrust building.  I'll send them an email.

It seems to me that SunTrust would foot the bill, if Wind Management requires that, since they'd get their name on national TV.

RTB

Archived