• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Of the helmets DawgPound proudly displays, I like...

Brad

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

helmets-47qsxuazl.jpg

None of them!  Just kidding.

If I had to choose one, I'd take the black one, second from left.  I still think the new ones looks too contrived or overdone - like one of those mini-mac or pocket-pro helmets, or whatever they call them.  A toy.  I know you've all had the new helmet discussions, I guess I'd like that one if the letters weren't cascading like that.

Oh well, I'm done.  It's late and I thought I'd check into this board and add something of very little substance.  ;D

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

Of the ones i the picture...I like the gold one on the far right with the simple "UCF" text. The ones with the florida map look a little strange to me and don't make sense unless they were the ONLY team in Florida (I guess they solve this by writing UCF over the middle of the state--how clever)

Personally, I always prefer helmets with simple logos as they stand the test of time better. I think the new one is alright...but watching their game saturday..had to keep reminding myself they weren't Georgia Tech. It might be too trendy....but hopefully they'll just stick with one helmet design so that the common football fan associates the look with the school. The worst thing for them is if they go and change it again in ten years....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

It's late and I thought I'd check into this board and add something of very little substance.   ;D

Mission accomplished.

• Content Count:  2,239

Of the ones i the picture...I like the gold one on the far right with the simple "UCF" text. The ones with the florida map look a little strange to me and don't make sense unless they were the ONLY team in Florida (I guess they solve this by writing UCF over the middle of the state--how clever)

Personally, I always prefer helmets with simple logos as they stand the test of time better. I think the new one is alright...but watching their game saturday..had to keep reminding myself they weren't Georgia Tech. It might be too trendy....but hopefully they'll just stick with one helmet design so that the common football fan associates the look with the school. The worst thing for them is if they go and change it again in ten years....

I like the black one cause I've always liked black helmets.

On the state helmets, there is a small star where Orlando is.  They stopped using that logo when UCF jumped to I-A in 1996.

Brad, those helmets are nicely displayed at work.

I like black...don't care what Shoop says..

• Content Count:  12,293

i think their new 1 is the worst of all 5.

and im not saying that because its the one they currently wear.  i think its just flat out ugly

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

When is the NCAA going to make teams like UCF and Georgia Tech stop wearing gold jerseys at home? When USF rolled in there in all white uniforms and gold helmets last year, you could barely tell the two teams apart. I'm surprised there weren't a whole bunch of interceptions.

Not smack:

I don't think that color was gold Jamie, it looked more like a light-brownish mustard.  The people at my house that saw the replays thought they were the Gulden Knights or maybe Grey Poupon Knights.

hfst145.jpg  mustard600.jpg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

[glow=yellow,2,300]Not smack[/glow]:

I don't think that color was gold Jamie, it looked more like a light-brownish mustard.  The people at my house that saw the replays thought they were the Gulden Knights or maybe Grey Poupon Knights.

Grey Poupon Knights = Smack ....... Very nice smack.  :thumbsup

• Content Count:  2,239

Not smack:

Seriously, what shade of gold do you use?  Our current shade is Vegas and the last shade was actually darker than the mustard(clever though).

Look at nukebull's sig.  That shade of gold on the helmet is hideous.

Archived