• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Capogna, Plancher, Robinson update...

Guest JulmisteForPrez

He's a Captain for a few reasons..........one of them being that he is good at what he does.  You don't hand out Captain credentials to mediocre players.

Two words:

Pat Julmiste.

And he wasn't even mediocre.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  849
  • Days Won:  0

Rivals.com had Nick Capogna 2nd team All Big East Preseason. I don't think they give that out to mediocre players either. He's closer to 280 lbs not 260 lbs either. He's undersized but he works hard out there and pretty good in pass protection.

I think our young players have more potential such as Sampson Genus and Kevin Mckaskill but Capogna is good in his own right.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,217
  • Days Won:  422

Rivals.com had Nick Capogna 2nd team All Big East Preseason. I don't think they give that out to mediocre players either.

You're not implying that Rivals.com, along with our coaching staff, know more about evaluating football players than M-A-B, are you? 

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Rivals.com had Nick Capogna 2nd team All Big East Preseason. I don't think they give that out to mediocre players either. He's closer to 280 lbs not 260 lbs either. He's undersized but he works hard out there and pretty good in pass protection.

I think our young players have more potential such as Sampson Genus and Kevin Mckaskill but Capogna is good in his own right.

Yeah......I love how Bulls fans here absolutely rip sites like Rivals.com a new one for their recruiting rankings, then use them as proof when they hand out some meaningless pre-season accolade to one of our players.

And no, he's not closer to 280.

And since when has hard work meant someone is good?

We have guys with more physical tools who apparently know the system well enough.......why not give 'em a shot?

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  849
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah......I love how Bulls fans here absolutely rip sites like Rivals.com a new one for their recruiting rankings, then use them as proof when they hand out some meaningless pre-season accolade to one of our players.

We have guys with more physical tools who apparently know the system well enough.......why not give 'em a shot?

Really? He's not closer to 280, were you right there next to the scale when he weighed in? He said himself that he's about 280 in an interview on usfnation.com (premium info). Any of the subscribers there can probably attest to that. I only used the rivals example to show that he's not some chump that you're making him out to be. Rivals usually tends to underrate players not overrate players in their recruiting rankings, but this has nothing to do with recruiting rankings.

I also guess Leavitt doesn't know what he's doing either that's why Capogna was the starter and still would have been the starter had it not been for injury. Center is the quarterback of the offensive line, Capogna was listed as a team Captain and knows the system very well and a very capable player. He is the best center we have, although I agree there are guys with more physical tools but that doesn't make them better at this point in time.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Really? He's not closer to 280, were you right there next to the scale when he weighed in? He said himself that he's about 280 in an interview on usfnation.com (premium info). Any of the subscribers there can probably attest to that. I only used the rivals example to show that he's not some chump that you're making him out to be. Rivals usually tends to underrate players not overrate players in their recruiting rankings, but this has nothing to do with recruiting rankings.

I also guess Leavitt doesn't know what he's doing either that's why Capogna was the starter and still would have been the starter had it not been for injury. Center is the quarterback of the offensive line, Capogna was listed as a team Captain and knows the system very well and a very capable player. He is the best center we have, although I agree there are guys with more physical tools but that doesn't make them better at this point in time.

::) ::) ::)

I base my educated guess on a two factors:

1) The UPDATED roster lists him @ just 265 lbs.  That's a pretty good clue, right?

2) The preseason article about Capogna by Greg Auman said he ended the year @ just 255 lbs., and it looks like he's very, very close to what he was at the end of last year.

255 or 265 is closer to 260 than 280.

It's math, bro.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,549
  • Days Won:  29

Challenging/questioning why a BULL is a captain is insulting.

:nope

This team decides who is captain.

Go BULLS !!!

Challenging/questioning why a BULL is a captain is insulting.

:nope

This team decides who is captain.

Go BULLS !!!

FWIW: The papers have said that Leavitt decides the captains...

Archived