• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Major Respect My Arse.....

deters

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

The UNC fans were great to me.  Kenan Stadium is a great on-campus facility.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  139

nothing wrong with fans feeling positive thoughts about their local heroes.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

They have had nothing to be excited about there in a few years so I think they are allowed to be excited about something finally..  They have a pretty good Freshman qb and some very good receivers. 

I am curious to see how well our defense and especially our secondary plays against some good talent.  It should be interesting because their qb just put up 339 yards on Virginia.  Our worst game against the pass last year was vs. Brohm and that was 275 yards.  The qb at KU also had a pretty good game statistically against us.  He was a 5th year senior.  Let's see how good a Freshman can do against our D.  Locker, who may be the next great NCAA QB, from Washington looked real good against Syracuse and Boise State, but looked like the  he is when he ran into Ohio State's defense this weekend.  He played well, but threw 3 ints.

I don't blame the UNC crowd for being excited.

I'd like to see us use this game to get Ford and Taylor really into the flow and put up some yards.

• Content Count:  6
  • Days Won:  0

u r right....there is a TON of excitement around our football program. we do indeed have some talent, but very young and inexperienced. our admin has finally made a commitment to bringing bigtime football back to chapel hill after 10 yrs.

it's going to be interesting seeing how our young teams plays against a super bulls team in raymond james.

cheers!

• Content Count:  291

u r right....there is a TON of excitement around our football program. we do indeed have some talent, but very young and inexperienced. our admin has finally made a commitment to bringing bigtime football back to chapel hill after 10 yrs.

it's going to be interesting seeing how our young teams plays against a super bulls team in raymond james.

cheers!

I understand your excitement for the program and where it will be in the coming years but it aint there yet. And that challenger2 guy on those boards posting, is a moron. He must just started watching football this past week, by the way he talks.

• Content Count:  4,501

So what you guys are saying is the UNC board has lots of ETs posting.

• Content Count:  214

Yes, I read a bit of there boards too...wow, they have ZERO idea what kind of football team they are about to run into. First of all, they said USF has "no real homefield advantage". I'd say 51-13 all time at home is a pretty solid indication that USF definitely steps it up at home. Second, they believe that they are going to come in to Tampa and light up the scoreboard...umm, sure, UNC and their 2 losses v. 1-A teams is going to come in and light up 1 of the top 15 defenses in the country, especially given a week to rest and prepare. This isn't the "classic trap" game they believe...sure, we have WVU next week and sure we just upset then #18-Auburn in their stadium...BUT, that whole bye week was at a perfect time. The boys could rest some, celebrate some, and then get re-focused on the task at hand. Next, they want to talk Elon game. Uhmm, first game of the season...our top tailback, Mike Ford, got what, 9 carries? Most of those in the 2nd half. Played completely vanilla on both sides of the ball, but sure, you guys should watch that film and think you are coming in here and winning.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Forget who made the point, but yes, with better WR play against Elon the Bulls would have won by at least 30 points. They dropped at least a half-dozen passes in the first half.

Archived