What's New
  • USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

Maybe Houston made right move after all ....

Triple B

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  69,176
  • Days Won:  373

It's only 2 games but Mario on pace for a 16 sack season while Reggie is getting a "soft" tag from players around the league....    8)

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

Mario definitely looking sick, but i think its more of a NO Saints meltdown than Reggie being soft.  Even though he seems to be fumbling that ball a lot. 

They need to get him in the open field and he will be fine.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

It's only 2 games but Mario on pace for a 16 sack season while Reggie is getting a "soft" tag from players around the league....    8)

You said it before i could

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  69,176
  • Days Won:  373

You said it before i could

I always cover my bases....

• Content Count:  12,291

mario williams is a BEAST.

and the best way to build a defense is to start with the pass rush.  look at what peppers did for the panthers.  mario will have that same kind of production in Houston.

as for reggie bush, he doesnt seem like an every down back by any means.  sure, he is good in the slot, returning kicks, on sweeps...but running up the middle? 

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

mario williams is a BEAST.

and the best way to build a defense is to start with the pass rush.  look at what peppers did for the panthers.  mario will have that same kind of production in Houston.

as for reggie bush, he doesnt seem like an every down back by any means.  sure, he is good in the slot, returning kicks, on sweeps...but running up the middle? 

He will never live up to your expectations because that not the style of player he is.  He NEVER has been a run between the tackles pound the rock for 25 touches type of back even at USC (Lendale was used for tough yds and goal line) he was used like he was now.  You might as well criticize Vince Young for not being Peyton Manning  or Grothe for not being Brohm, apples to oranges folks. 

• Content Count:  400

He will never live up to your expectations because that not the style of player he is.  He NEVER has been a run between the tackles pound the rock for 25 touches type of back even at USC (Lendale was used for tough yds and goal line) he was used like he was now.  You might as well criticize Vince Young for not being Peyton Manning  or Grothe for not being Brohm, apples to oranges folks. 

that makes houston's decision all the more genius

sure, they took a PR hit not selecting him, but in all honesty, you don't select a situational player like reggie bush with the number 1 pick overall.  you can't build your franchise around a RB who isnt going to run between the tackles.  every game i've seen, especially vs the bucs, he tries to bounce it to the outside and gets taken out.  you cant beat the corner in the NFL like u can in college.  it's cool that they're lining him up at WR and he's catching passes, as well as PR and KR, but how is that any different than putting devin hester or dante hall in those situations?  all of bush's runs up the middle have been ineffective, IMO.

• Content Count:  64,824
  • Days Won:  172

the saints arent that good

bush had a great year last year

he will be fine

houston made a mistake in not taking bush

• Content Count:  1,812

the saints arent that good

bush had a great year last year

he will be fine

houston made a mistake in not taking bush

He did not lead the Saints in any category last year; he does seem to put the ball on the ground ever since he fumbled away the NC to Texas

He had all told 4 fumbles and 8 TDs since he joined the Saints he also had a fumble in the playoffs last year. Maybe he grows out of it.

But to me he is a Dunn clone and that is not a franchise player good yes but not the franchise. dunn at least led the team in Rushing some years.

Archived