• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How can we get the Green/Gold chant back?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

Hey, I just thought of something.  What the heck do us south endzone folks do when the chants are going back and forth?  Is the south with the east, the west, both, or do we just stand there and look good? :-\

Both ..... and it's also your job to stop The Wave in its' tracks before it ever gets going.

I can do my part, but you realize that you're relying on the end zone with the Junior Bulls Club section in it to stop the wave?  GOOD LUCK!

This weekend isn't a Jr Bulls Club game and on the days it is, we can have Shoop go stare down the younguns to stay seated ...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

Nothing WILL WORK if someone doesn't START IT!  I like the FINISH STRONG idea.

SOMEBODY go to the friggin' proper people and get it done!

STAMPEDING has worked on other ideas. E-mail's a good place to start. Who has an address? I'll start it!

Somebody with a video camera, go do the interview. Let the BULLS in The Bulls's Pen be heard!

GO BULLS!

FINISH STRONG!

• Content Count:  17
  • Days Won:  0

Hey, I just thought of something.  What the heck do us south endzone folks do when the chants are going back and forth?  Is the south with the east, the west, both, or do we just stand there and look good? :-\

Both ..... and it's also your job to stop The Wave in its' tracks before it ever gets going.

I can do my part, but you realize that you're relying on the end zone with the Junior Bulls Club section in it to stop the wave?  GOOD LUCK!

This weekend isn't a Jr Bulls Club game and on the days it is, we can have Shoop go stare down the younguns to stay seated ...

Actually, this Saturday is a Jr Bulls Club game.  Send Shoop down - I got his back.

• Content Count:  936

I'm game.

Something to note.. It's pretty easy to get these shouts going at the student section...

• Content Count:  66

Well for us in the band during basketball games durring the green and gold chant we say AND... try that, so it sounds like Green..And...Gold

• Content Count:  151

I like having the possibility of two different chants.  The Green and Gold would work nicely during the first 3 quarters.  But I also like Finish Strong starting the 4th quarter.  The best place to start to get the cheers coordinated would be with the Cheerleaders.  Since they have squads on both sides of the field, they should be able to get the cheers started.  Can someone get in touch with them? 

Also, something the Auburn cheerleaders did, was use a wireless mic to lead some of the cheers, both before the game and during it.  And when they were doing it, a camera was on them so they were on the big screen in the stadium.  That could be a way to get the cheers going.  Hope this helps.

• Content Count:  12,293

"finish" just isnt a good word for a crowd chant....dont see that one working.

• Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  1

Though "boringly simple" the GREEN-GOLD has worked amazingly well at getting the whole stadium involved and is still my favorite from the times of yore (who the h%ll decided not to do it anymore?) Remember your not trying to begin a group discussion but need to get 20K to say the same thing quickly.

• Content Count:  771

I am all for the Finish /// Strong chant, but it is hard enough trying to get 30 people to recite the Pledge of Allegiance in a classroom, much less than 30,000 people at a game trying to say Finish at the same time. 

Green /// Gold works best in large groups. You need words with one syllable so crowds cant mess them up.

Archived