• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I know the School wants its sports to be know as "USF" but..........

what do you want your school's sports teams to be know as USF or South Florida BULLS  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

I like USF over South Florida.  Here's why.  With USF it takes out the "directional" aspect of our name.  Not too many directional schools in the top 25, or even top 50 for that matter.  You don't see FIU or N Ill, or West Michigan, or North Georgia in the polls very often.  Just my two cents....

And regarding the posters comment about Univ San Fran, that is a small school and I don't think htey ahve football, so that isn't anything I'd worry about.

I kind of prefer South FLorida but both ways are fine by me.

also-- San Francisco did have a football team up until the 50s not to mention their amazing basketball team (and I am just kind of remembering about the football team part-- someone can confirm that)

there is also a USF associated with Univ. of St. Francis I believe.

anyway-- the point to me is that USF/SOuth Florida-- they are equally good. If anything-- USF too often gets mixed up with UCF

USF had an undefeated season in 1951... but disbanded after that season... had a small D-II program in the 1960s and 1970s.

Besides, USF as a name = UCF as a name...

Yes, and a facinating story http://usfdons.cstv.com/trads/football_trad.html .  Having lived in No. California I was a USF Don (basketball) fan as a kid.  The oldtimers told me a lot about this football team who stood up and did the right thing.

• Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  0

Honestly I don't really give a damm if they call us USF or South Florida, as long as they're talking about us

Word.

But USF > *

• Content Count:  3,574

THE UNIVERSITY of SOUTH FLORIDA.

I get more of this... When I say South Florida, people respond "oh, USF"

than...

When I say USF, people respond "oh, South Florida"

• Content Count:  151

Personally, I don't care whether it is USF or South Florida.  You can make a case for each.  On TV or when school logos are used, our distintive USF logo with the horned U differentiates us from UCF and anyone else.  In printed articles, like newspapers, magazines, etc. South Florida is a direct reference to us only and cannot be confused with anyone else.  In my humble opinion, there will be much more mention of us in printed articles than with the logo.  But either way, we have to continue to win.  And by winning we will continue to be mentioned in the media.  And the media can refer to us either way for all I care.

P. S.  Being a directional school means nothing.  If it did, we would not have come as far as we have in such a short period of time.  Tell Southern Cal being a directional school is holding them back.  What is making this program great is the school administration which is completely backing CJL and staff to bring the vision for this program to reality.  

Nuff said... GO BULLS...FINISH STRONG  

• Content Count:  594

San Francisco has several members in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, and, of course, was the alma mater of Bill Russell. To nearly everyone on the west coast, "USF" means "University of San Francisco."

I am not saying that in support of a South Florida branding, just stating the facts.

• Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Just like I told the fellow in Auburn when we were walking up to the stadium when he asked "So, just where is USF?"

My answer "In YOUR house". They'll all know who and where we are.

GO BULLS!

FINISH STRONG!

• Content Count:  4,642

I prefer South Florida, as long as when 'USF' is printed, people understand what it means.

Archived