• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I know the School wants its sports to be know as "USF" but..........

what do you want your school's sports teams to be know as USF or South Florida BULLS  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

I'm fine with either....but  having friends in the Northeast...they all refer to us as "South Florida". The reasoning is that it's easier to remember than the alphabet soup that is "UCF-USF-FSU-FAU-FIU"....

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,293

USF works for me.  Much easier to chant USF! USF! USF!  than South Florida South Florida South Florida...but we do both so who cares.

like most are saying, it doesnt make sense to try and hide from something.  we are The University of South Florida which just happens to be located in Tampa.  As much as people like to point that out, they also forget to realize that when our school opened in 1950s there wasnt much SOUTH of Tampa. 

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I prefer USF, but it doesn't really bother me when they say South Florida.  Eventually it will get intertwined like USC/Southern Call, FSU/Florida State etc., so where both are eqally interchangeable.  I would put USF on the polls, but as long as we are getting mentioned, I guess that is good enough. 

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

"I dont care what you call me, as long as you don't call me late for dinner" 

• Content Count:  2,363

S!O!U!T!H! F!L!O!R!I!D!A! SOUTH FLORIDA!! SOUTH FLORIDA!!! GOOOOOOOOO BULLS!!!!!! Enough said!!! Until they change the words to our fight song, I dont mind being called South Florida.

Good call. You beat me to the point I was going to make. But as for me, either works. Besides, South Florida keeps sportscasters from slipping up and calling us UCF >:(

• Content Count:  5,691

I prefer south florida

For those of you who say traditionally directional schools have not been highly ranked in college football...I say once again we are not following but instead creating tradition at the University of South Florida which by the way is what my dgree has printed on it!

GO BULLS!!!

I like USF over South Florida.  Here's why.  With USF it takes out the "directional" aspect of our name.  Not too many directional schools in the top 25, or even top 50 for that matter.  You don't see FIU or N Ill, or West Michigan, or North Georgia in the polls very often.  Just my two cents....

And regarding the posters comment about Univ San Fran, that is a small school and I don't think htey ahve football, so that isn't anything I'd worry about.

I kind of prefer South FLorida but both ways are fine by me.

also-- San Francisco did have a football team up until the 50s not to mention their amazing basketball team (and I am just kind of remembering about the football team part-- someone can confirm that)

there is also a USF associated with Univ. of St. Francis I believe.

anyway-- the point to me is that USF/SOuth Florida-- they are equally good. If anything-- USF too often gets mixed up with UCF

USF had an undefeated season in 1951... but disbanded after that season... had a small D-II program in the 1960s and 1970s.

Personally, I prefer South Florida... consider this week that both South Carolina and Southern California are both in the polls... the "directional school" issue is quite irrelevant.

Besides, USF as a name = UCF as a name...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,561
  • Days Won:  29

I like Top 25 USF/South Florida/S. FLA BULLS  ;D

S!O!U!T!H! F!L!O!R!I!D!A! SOUTH FLORIDA!! SOUTH FLORIDA!!! GOOOOOOOOO BULLS!!!!!! Enough said!!! Until they change the words to our fight song, I dont mind being called South Florida.

Of course, those are not the ONLY words to our fight song, you know..

In fact "USF" is there the same number of times as "South Florida"

USF Bulls are we,

We hold our standard upright and free.

For Green and Gold we stand united.

Our beacon lighted and noble to see.

USF Bulls are we,

For USF we'll always be.

With all our might we fight the battle

Here and now, and we will win the

Victory...

(shout) S-O-U-T-H F-L-O-R-I-D-A

South Florida, South Florida

Go Bulls Go!

• Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

Jim,

That is why USF fans should not mind being called either name since both are in the fight song. UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH FLORIDA!!!! ALMA MATER HAIL TO THEE!!!!!!

Archived